Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    I think Sora comfortably takes this.

At the beginning of KH3, when he's weakest, Sora w/ some help from Goofy and Donald are able to defeat the Rock Titan from Hercules's world. This Titan was able to toss and summon giant boulders that could break away chunks of Mt Olympus. By the end of the game Sora, again with Goofy/Donald, are able to defeat a version of organization 13 minus one at the same time. With the Power of Awakening, Sora is able to cheat death not only for himself but others by reversing time, he's able to travel vast distances (the space between various worlds/planets) in a few seconds and cheat death again to save a friend so Sora can basically bend time and space perhaps reality itself, while not to an unlimited extent as it does come at a cost. I imagine Sora can certainly freeze time long enough to summon his magical attraction rides, or/and unleash a torrent of magic spells, or/and slash Nero to pieces, or/and yeet him out of the battlefield etc.
    I'm not so sure the power of waking (atleast in the maner it was used in KH3) can really be considered a standard part of Sora's skillset. The game was very overt that what he did to revive his friends was a one time deal and if he did it again he wouldn't be coming back.

Now powerscaling wise he should be solidily above his KH2 self by the end and he is atleast presumably above a guy who can space toss giant monsters.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    I'm not so sure the power of waking (atleast in the maner it was used in KH3) can really be considered a standard part of Sora's skillset. The game was very overt that what he did to revive his friends was a one time deal and if he did it again he wouldn't be coming back.

Now powerscaling wise he should be solidily above his KH2 self by the end and he is atleast presumably above a guy who can space toss giant monsters.
    I think it was the repeated use that made the PoW dangerous in this case Sora would just need to use it once.

I agree Sora should well above his KH2 self considering he ends up battling two versions of the organization along with the main baddie powered up by Kingdom Hearts verses the half the organization from KH2 with an incomplete KH.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    I think it was the repeated use that made the PoW dangerous in this case Sora would just need to use it once.

I agree Sora should well above his KH2 self considering he ends up battling two versions of the organization along with the main baddie powered up by Kingdom Hearts verses the half the organization from KH2 with an incomplete KH.
    By the end of KH3 Sora was allready at the point were one more use was enough for him to not be coming back (hense why he didn't come back).

In theory Sora should be well above Nero and Dante, cause MX in theory should be well above anyone they ever faced. But I'm not so sure either Sora or MX have the actual feats to back that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'll just clarify, I have played precisely zero KH games in my life so I'll happily defer to others.

I was thinking about this statement and... does he?

No disrespect to him but I was running through the events of DMC4 and 5 in my mind and was actually kind of hardpressed to think of solid bullet time feats for Nero.

I might be misremembering but beyond like... the intercept flight which is... tough to figure out, his van flip gunfight in the opening of DMC5 is great and likely BT at least but it's not that easy to figure out and... beyond that... I can't actually think of real BT feats for him.
    I was basing my assertion it more on his initial fight with Dante where they engaged into some gunkata and I thought that he had more moments of bullet-deflection and reaction-time than I remembered.

But now that I'm not going off of memory, yeah, he doesn't have many BT feats on his own aside from the aforementioned mid-air gunkata display and the gameplay mechanic where Nero can intercept Dante's bullets with his own(which seems well within in his presented ability to do since Capcom has stated that Nero is supposed to be at DMC3 Dante's level in DMC4).
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    By the end of KH3 Sora was allready at the point were one more use was enough for him to not be coming back (hense why he didn't come back).

In theory Sora should be well above Nero and Dante, cause MX in theory should be well above anyone they ever faced. But I'm not so sure either Sora or MX have the actual feats to back that up.
    Re-read the op and saw its Sora from the end of the game so yeah the PoW used in any other way than its intended use would be a non-factor in this fight.

Without the PoW this is a harder call for me. Sora still manages to defeat MX who has Kingdom Hearts on his side but who's to say Kingdom Hearts wasn't partly rejecting MX using it preventing him from its full power. The best clear cut feat they might have is their fight resulting in the destruction of a town without the KH powerboost. With that said, now there's nothing stopping Nero from using his Ragtime arm to slow down Sora for most of the fight and get in major damage while Sora is stuck moving at a fraction of his normal speed.

Spectacular Member

I don't think that the Power of Waking would be a factor in this fight, anyway. The practical upshot of Sora using it was rewinding time and giving people a peptalk in the after life. Sora didn't seem to keep any knowledge of the first go around after rewinding time, since the only thing that changed was Namine waking the Lingering Will.