Fantastic Member

Default Blue Marvel vs Icon

616 Adam vs Post Crisis Augustus.
    No BFR.
    Who Wins?

I feel like Blue Marvel’s place in the Class 100 Flying Brick Club is kinda more established by feats than Icon’s (though I may be wrong here), even putting aside some of BM’s more BS feats (e.g. didn’t the guy get into a fight with Sentry and not only not die but actually get the upper hand? Cos that’s kinda wanky, honestly).

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I feel like Blue Marvel’s place in the Class 100 Flying Brick Club is kinda more established by feats than Icon’s (though I may be wrong here), even putting aside some of BM’s more BS feats (e.g. didn’t the guy get into a fight with Sentry and not only not die but actually get the upper hand? Cos that’s kinda wanky, honestly).
    Would we dismiss that showing of Adam vs Robert automatically though, notwithstanding Sentry's status as a silver age Superman knock off? It just seems his early presentation is as shown in his opening book. And didn't Blue Marvel put some version of Hyperion down or some such?

The fight where BM matched Sentry was also the fight where Ares cut BM's face open with his axe. So. I dunno if that calls it all into question, or if Ares just has incredible weapons.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The fight where BM matched Sentry was also the fight where Ares cut BM's face open with his axe. So. I dunno if that calls it all into question, or if Ares just has incredible weapons.
    Eh. Let Ares have it. He was ripped in half after all.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I don't inherently object to Ares being able to cut class 100 types with his axe.

I think Sentry is a really poor benchmark for other characters to be measured against given how unstable his powers were, among other things.

I also don't object to Blue Marvel being a solid class 100, beating King Hyperion, and so forth. I just don't think he beat Bob when Bob was being written as a solo threat to the entire Marvel Earth.

Blue marvel has more feats and esoteric powers as well. He also took on the herald of the first firmament and didn’t die even with it being comparable to a celestial or something
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Spectacular Member

I don't think post-crisis precludes Icon's Milestone feats, which are mostly what we can judge him by. With that being said, he is not very impressive in his solo series... at all. The infamous Worlds Collide fight with Superman was just another case of crossover power-leveling.

Blue Marvel wins, and in a stomp. I doubt the alleged Milestone reboot would change this either.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I don't inherently object to Ares being able to cut class 100 types with his axe.

I think Sentry is a really poor benchmark for other characters to be measured against given how unstable his powers were, among other things.

I also don't object to Blue Marvel being a solid class 100, beating King Hyperion, and so forth. I just don't think he beat Bob when Bob was being written as a solo threat to the entire Marvel Earth.
    Hell, I'm just happy Blue Marvel is in a Rumbles thread. It doesn't happen often.

...or Icon, for that matter. He needs more love, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Hell, I'm just happy Blue Marvel is in a Rumbles thread. It doesn't happen often.

...or Icon, for that matter. He needs more love, too.
    Same lol, and Blue Marvel pretty great at prep considering what he did tot he squadron supreme too
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I'm leaning towards the latter. After all, Ares has cut the likes of Sentry with his axe. It must be a good axe!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    I'm leaning towards the latter. After all, Ares has cut the likes of Sentry with his axe. It must be a good axe!
    It's made from Adamantine, which is the Olympus equivalent of Asgardian uru or Earth's adamantium. So, yeah, a superhumanly strong god with a sharp indestructible blade should be able to cut a few things. But also to your point, people like Sentry and Blue Marvel have skin sufficiently dense enough not to rupture if a megaton nuclear device goes off at point blank range. So clearly the writers aren't being very consistent, as I doubt even Ares with an indestructible axe can match the damage output of a megaton nuclear bomb. But that's comics for you.

Spectacular Member

Icon is extremely unimpressive. He'd have a hell of a time beating the Thing, let alone goddamn Blue Marvel.