Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default New Mutants #5 Spoilers - F$@$ or Fight

Issue starts off with Bobby narrating a recap. This was AMAZING and Im glad we got this instead of the boring walls of texts which typically would have been used for this in the Hickman era.

Oracle, Gladiator and Mentor talk and Deathbird's return. Oracle leaves and commands the Death Commandos to kill her and anyone she's with

Chamber and Mondo have some alone time and Chamber says they could have stayed home. He asks for Mondo's opinion of the team and he says the girls are fine except for Illyana. He can take or leave the guys especially Doug

Smasher is with the boys and continues to have attitude. She is the epitome of this gif

We learn that Deathbird's baby is still a thing. Bobby introduces himself to her and thanks her for being interested in him bc of his looks and not money

One of the pilots announces they have a problem bc the Death Commando ship wants them to surrender and are sending a boarding party. Doug listens to a communication intercept and reveals that the Commandos plan on killing everyone on the ship

Illyana takes charge and delegates the NM. Rahne with Dani. Karma, Mondo and Chamber. Smasher and Bobby stay with Deathbird. Magik leaves to deal with the Commandos alone

Chamber and Mondo are off having space cocktails and Mondo asks how is Jono gonna drink without a mouth?

Yana asks the Commandos each if they want to make out with her and each gives an excuse no. She says thats too bad bc iot was f$%# or fight. The NMs are seen fighting and are winning until a Commando gives an order to press a button which blows up their ship

Berto hiring a personal trainer just so Sam could work on his thighs is Hickman's greatest addition to the canon yet

Smasher’s there to make sure Bobby doesn’t steal her husband and child.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Smasher’s there to make sure Bobby doesn’t steal her husband and child.

Girl is SEETHING at having Bobby around. But I still dont like her bc she was being a bitch to Doug to for no reason. Hickman created/wrote her before right? Was she this bad in his Avengers? I dont like that she is in the cast roster with the rest of the team at the beginning. Girl you are not nor will you ever be a New Mutant

Two favorite series of DoX always flips between X-Force and the Hickman parts of New Mutants.

Loving this space adventure more than expected.

This book is perfect. Stop making us read about Glob and Armor please and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Smasher is with the boys and continues to have attitude. She is the epitome of this gif

LOL! I dunno why she is so bothered.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Loved this book, the actual New Mutants issues are great, and here Illyana absolutely stole this book. Watching her take charge was fantastic and her F@%* or fight bit was epic. Karma's fight was fun "Hit yourself", and I laughed my ass off at the pair of "pacifists".

Girl is SEETHING at having Bobby around. But I still dont like her bc she was being a bitch to Doug to for no reason. Hickman created/wrote her before right? Was she this bad in his Avengers? I dont like that she is in the cast roster with the rest of the team at the beginning. Girl you are not nor will you ever be a New Mutant
    Meh I just think she’s a tired and overworked mother. I feel for her. But she definitely sees a carnivore coming for her family and promptly wants the flirt as far away from her man as mutantly possible. But Bobby is persistent. I’m also really enjoying seeing more of the generational divide between the New Mutants acting as a synchronous unit and the two Gen X’ers just sitting around, not taking orders.

BANNED

Karma's confidence and cuteness is such a nice trait to her while in battle, its nice to see her being used <3

I'm in love with Roberto da Costa.

Bobby is so in love with Sam. The recap was amazing.

Karma defeating that rock thing was the cutest thing ever.

Not really. i remember she being cooler on Avengers...Maybe being with Shiar made her a a-hole

Deathbirds baby is alive?

OH MOST IMPORTANT THING

The Death Commandos have a Dev'os and Orchis has a Director Devo and they both have them red googles and look a lot alike. Coincidence?