Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Nah their next morning is much more reluctant....expectant
    Sunspot wakes up first and is just staring at Cannonball until he wakes up, where he promptly jumps out of bed.

BANNED

Cannonball and Sunspot are Abbi and Ilana, respectively.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charybdis4 View Post
    Brilliant issue, funny, interesting & the art was amazing.

Are we back to that boring ass story with Glob next week???
    Yup, we are back to Glob and gang next week.

We have to wait for #7 below.

STL145077.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    You guys have mommy issues. Smasher's just looking out for her family w/ trying to maintain success at her incredibly demanding job, and ya'll are like "Ugh. This bitch."

It's borderline misogynistic. You're acting like she's the one crossing boundaries and causing trouble.
    I think that Hickman overdone her a bit too much.

I really don't like when they keep baiting Bobby and Sam and get the woman on the middle to look bad. Reads like a fangirl fanfic.

Also lots of queerbaiting and everyone falling for it

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Smasher is 100% "The Wet Blanket/Bitch" in this book. No issues required to notice this fact, she tamps down enthusiasm and energy, actually is violent to other characters unnecessarily, and so forth.

Plus for most fans we never even heard of this person before and we're all "WHERE IS LILA CHENEY"

Shrug, Smasher is written to be hated I think. Maybe so when she does a heroic sacrifice it's all the more impactful....
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Smasher is 100% "The Wet Blanket/Bitch" in this book. No issues required to notice this fact, she tamps down enthusiasm and energy, actually is violent to other characters unnecessarily, and so forth.

Plus for most fans we never even heard of this person before and we're all "WHERE IS LILA CHENEY"

Shrug, Smasher is written to be hated I think. Maybe so when she does a heroic sacrifice it's all the more impactful....
    I liked Smasher in Hickman’s Avengers run, so I have some goodwill for the character. I do agree that she’s utterly unlikable and completely antagonistic here and likely intentionally so, and no doubt she’ll have some strong opinions about Krakoa too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Sunspot wakes up first and is just staring at Cannonball until he wakes up, where he promptly jumps out of bed.
    Fuuuuck Ive been this bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Cannonball and Sunspot are Abbi and Ilana, respectively.
    LMAO sooo true
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

Will it be impactful though? The only impact it will get is fans cheering and applauding bc Hickman definitely isnt doing anything to make us care about her

You guys have mommy issues. Smasher's just looking out for her family w/ trying to maintain success at her incredibly demanding job, and ya'll are like "Ugh. This bitch."

It's borderline misogynistic. You're acting like she's the one crossing boundaries and causing trouble.
    Then why is she a bitch to Doug too? He isnt jeopardizing her family. Nobody is being misognistic around here and thats a word I wish was left in 2020 on these boards. Too many times when people say something negative about a female character, someone has to get defensive and label them misogynistic for having an opinion
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-09-2020 at 10:53 AM.

BANNED

Or maybe its misogynistic to create a female character for the sole purpose of making her an established male wife and broodmare. And having her entire personality be the nagging girlfriend from every family sitcom of the past 4 decades.

Extraordinary Member

Is this the first time we've ever seen one of the 'Great Captains' other than Cyclops actually do some captaining in any of the books?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Is this the first time we've ever seen one of the 'Great Captains' other than Cyclops actually do some captaining in any of the books?
    Yes. But hey tbf Bishop doesn't seem all that interested in flexing his Captain muscles and Gorgon is...well Gorgon.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Or maybe its misogynistic to create a female character for the sole purpose of making her an established male wife and broodmare. And having her entire personality be the nagging girlfriend from every family sitcom of the past 4 decades.
    Why are you trying to reduce Smashers character to fit into your rebuttal like Hickman didn't put in the work to turn her into a 3 dimensional character with her own agency?
    Last edited by loke13; 01-09-2020 at 12:45 PM.

BANNED

I wonder if Bishop will get to captain during the battle of Madripoor.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    She isn't nagging anybody. Her personality isn't any different than that of Abigail Brand or Scott Summers. I.E. The grown up in the room. If people would stop being seduced by Roberto's (admittedly hilarious and very charming) narrative, they'd see that Sam's reaction to him is warm, but not 100% reciprocal. Roberto is a stalker, but because he's funny, the audience likes him better. Some people say Y Tu Mamá También, but it feels more like Netflix's You. In space.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

The writing has been deliberately making her as hostile and unpleasant as possible to not only Sunspot who ok is a jackass, but the entire cast, which readers will naturally sympathize with. Its pretty obvious.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOL @ Rahne just sitting there after having decked her opponent in less than 5 secs.
    How I absolutely LOVELOVELOVE the HiX-Man/Reis issues.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!