Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What if...?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

What If...

The escaped posthuman from that lab becomes more of a thing, joined by others?

Will they be "utilized" by the likes of Orchi as a "trump card" versus mutantkind the way Moira foresees?

Or might they get tired of obeying "flatscans" themselves and decide (much like how Sentinels have done...) they are better at running things anyways and try taking over humanity?

Then it's a question of Krakoa needing to save humans from their posthuman rulers perhaps. OR humanity might mostly go along with and accept being governed by their superior "future evolved" selves. After all, they need a way to compete against Krakoa.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Maybe a section of Krakoa for such situations and people. Immigration is important!
    Ooh now that's a 'fun' topic, eh? Wonder if we'd see a group that starts yelling "Krakoa is for KRAKOANS!!"? There'd be some irony!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    What If...

The escaped posthuman from that lab becomes more of a thing, joined by others?

Will they be "utilized" by the likes of Orchi as a "trump card" versus mutantkind the way Moira foresees?

Or might they get tired of obeying "flatscans" themselves and decide (much like how Sentinels have done...) they are better at running things anyways and try taking over humanity?

Then it's a question of Krakoa needing to save humans from their posthuman rulers perhaps. OR humanity might mostly go along with and accept being governed by their superior "future evolved" selves. After all, they need a way to compete against Krakoa.
    Ooh, to add to that...what if these post-humans don't see the difference between "Flatscans" and mutants? What if it becomes a case of the King Sentinel (I forgot his name) in the original cartoon "Mutants are Human!!" and they decide to go after both? Or, at the least, they don't see enough difference between the two people to make the distinction?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Ooh, to add to that...what if these post-humans don't see the difference between "Flatscans" and mutants? What if it becomes a case of the King Sentinel (I forgot his name) in the original cartoon "Mutants are Human!!" and they decide to go after both? Or, at the least, they don't see enough difference between the two people to make the distinction?
    Mother Mold sure was starting to talk all crazy before she amplified her sun tan. I wouldn't be surprised if mutants and humans have to end up coming together to stop the posthumans.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Mother Mold sure was starting to talk all crazy before she amplified her sun tan. I wouldn't be surprised if mutants and humans have to end up coming together to stop the posthumans.
    And that's just assuming the posthumans don't somehow team up with the Phalanx!

BANNED

Alright I'm in a good mood, here's a fun one:

Allergies. If you love flowers, then you'll love Krakoa; trees, grass plains, flower beds as far as the eye can see...

The only thing is, with flowers there is, unfortunately, pollen...and mutants and humans do share (amongst many) one thing in common: Hayfever. What some consider to be a heavenly paradise, others find to be hayfever-hell. Satan's flower-pit, if you will. Everything is plants and flowers.

They can't go back to their old lives because the situation's too dire, but they can't live here because they just can't see! They can't even breathe!! Itchy eyes rubbed raw, noses running like faucets...! There's no escape. Even the beach has grass on it!

What do these poor souls do?

BANNED

Slightly deeper one 'cos, what the hell:

Culture and religion on Krakoa.

It's important to some, mutant or not. That's where they came from; some are fiercely proud of their roots. It takes many forms of course, decorating for their holiday or cooking the foods of their 'homelands', but, see, it's so very, very...well...human, isn't it?

If Apocalypse were to look around, to see these very 'human' constructs still being perpetuated on a 'mutant paradise'...would he approve?

Here's mine!

The nation of Krakoa is strictly 'Mutant only', designed as a safe-haven for mutant refugees fleeing persecution. But mutants aren't the only refugee in the world: what happens if groups of mostly human refugee's come fleeing wars and genocides of their own? What if there's a mother and child amongst them, the child a mutant but the mother a human? A set of twins of a similar position, perhaps?

Whoever they are, these refugees are wanted nowhere else; they're 'invaders' even amongst their own human-kind. They didn't care where they were going when they hopped on their now (shipwrecked) boat, they, like the mutants, just wanted to be safe.

What'll happen?
    They would proably set the mother up in a habit that wasn't directly on the main island but was a safe place for human parents and their mutant children and children would commute via gate to school and to spend time with the other mutants before going home to their parents on the safe habitat. Sort of like a regular school or a boarding school.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Unless Moira has advanced psi shielding i would think some of the telepathy would pick up on the fact that she is alive and well. Though i suspect Magneto or Apocalypse would try to put her in status before she kills herself to reset things and start again without telling anyone what is going on. The real fundamental problem with Moira though is no matter what happens unless you incapacitate her she can kill herself and go on about her plans, unless of course destiny intercepts her again so pretty much destiny is probably the only one moira truly fears.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    They would proably set the mother up in a habit that wasn't directly on the main island but was a safe place for human parents and their mutant children and children would commute via gate to school and to spend time with the other mutants before going home to their parents on the safe habitat. Sort of like a regular school or a boarding school.
    Only that particular mother, though? What about the rest of the people she came with? Are they segregated in those habitats, too? What of the human children who came with them? Is there just a special 'human' habitat that all must live on, effectively shut away from the rest of the island? Similar to how the refugees of Scotland's Bute felt isolated? Do mutants feel at all inclined to come and interact with them, or make them feel welcome? Would others feel offended at humans being allowed to enter what is essentially a mutant haven?

Ok, here's a simpler one: The first child born on Krakoa is a pre-cog. What happens?
    They would have to wait until it's powers manifest to find out if it was a precog they would then most likely test the extent of the child's power but i don't think Moira would be too worried about the child because if anything happens she would be born decades before the child. I think Moira's no precog thing is a way to strictly keep Destiny who would be able to get rid of her in the womb away from her. Moira always has another chance to do whatever as long as Destiny doesn't put plans in place to end her.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

They would have to wait until it's powers manifest to find out if it was a precog they would then most likely test the extent of the child's power but i don't think Moira would be too worried about the child because if anything happens she would be born decades before the child. I think Moira's no precog thing is a way to strictly keep Destiny who would be able to get rid of her in the womb away from her. Moira always has another chance to do whatever as long as Destiny doesn't put plans in place to end her.
    What if it's more of a recent thing though? I mean, mutant powers seem to be manifesting younger than puberty from what I've seen, so say this pre-cog is one of them? Their power manifests early-ish; not infancy or toddlerhood, but in that gap of childhood? What if they see the 'truth' and start innocently chatting about it?

Only that particular mother, though? What about the rest of the people she came with? Are they segregated in those habitats, too? What of the human children who came with them? Is there just a special 'human' habitat that all must live on, effectively shut away from the rest of the island? Similar to how the refugees of Scotland's Bute felt isolated? Do mutants feel at all inclined to come and interact with them, or make them feel welcome? Would others feel offended at humans being allowed to enter what is essentially a mutant haven?
    I wouldn't call it segregated. They just aren't allowed to live on the main island. Parents aren't allowed to live on boarding school premises. If all the parents and the people want is a safe place i can't imagine they would have a problem living on a habitat that was safe for them and their children but just not on the main island. I can't just go into any country club or live in a 50+ community when i don't meet the age requirement.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

What if it's more of a recent thing though? I mean, mutant powers seem to be manifesting younger than puberty from what I've seen, so say this pre-cog is one of them? Their power manifests early-ish; not infancy or toddlerhood, but in that gap of childhood? What if they see the 'truth' and start innocently chatting about it?
    I still don't think it would bother moira much because if that child messed things up she can go back and "fix" it. I honestly believe the precog thing is strictly to keep Destiny away as she will always remember what Moira does and as such is the only known foil to moira and her powers that we know exist.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I still don't think it would bother moira much because if that child messed things up she can go back and "fix" it. I honestly believe the precog thing is strictly to keep Destiny away as she will always remember what Moira does and as such is the only known foil to moira and her powers that we know exist.
    But this is supposedly her last life, isn't it? How can fix it if this is literally her last chance? Sure, there might be an 11th life, but isn't that too big a risk to not know for sure?