Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What if...?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    There already is an Inhuman precog, the one that caused the stupid Civil War 2. He ascended or something. Could he come back and warn everyone of Moira?
    Now that would be interesting! Especially considering the bad blood that already exists between Inhumans and mutants!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    What if a non mutant precog gets a vision of what Moira does? It could be catastrophic.
    I don't understand this non-precog mutant law on Krakoa. All right, mutant precogs must live off-Krakoa but communications exist, there isn't a iron curtain between Krakoa and the rest of the world, the Krakoans are allowed to travel…

If a precog has a vision, the Krakoans can hear of it.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I don't understand this non-precog mutant law on Krakoa. All right, mutant precogs must live off-Krakoa but communications exist, there isn't a iron curtain between Krakoa and the rest of the world, the Krakoans are allowed to travel…

If a precog has a vision, the Krakoans can hear of it.
    Oh ****, that's a good point too!!

Alright, here's a thought based on that! What if a mutant does hear that kind of vision off-Krakoa? What happens if they start chatting about it to other mutants back on the island? I mean; what does happen, especially if, say, it's not a human pre-cog who's had it but a mutant pre-cog who's not allowed on the island? And even then, what if it is a mutant pre-cog? Does that spark a sudden smear campaign against humans (or more of one than there already might be?) Or just against the idea of 'looking into the future' itself? Do pre-cog mutants suddenly find they're not considered mutants? Are they othered even amongst their own people?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Oh ****, that's a good point too!!

Alright, here's a thought based on that! What if a mutant does hear that kind of vision off-Krakoa? What happens if they start chatting about it to other mutants back on the island? I mean; what does happen, especially if, say, it's not a human pre-cog who's had it but a mutant pre-cog who's not allowed on the island? And even then, what if it is a mutant pre-cog? Does that spark a sudden smear campaign against humans (or more of one than there already might be?) Or just against the idea of 'looking into the future' itself? Do pre-cog mutants suddenly find they're not considered mutants? Are they othered even amongst their own people?
    For the vision to be taken seriously or not, I suppose it depends on the reputation of the precog and the accuracy of his/her visions, usually. Or the determination of the person who decide to spread the word.

I suppose also that the precog would be suspected to have an hidden agenda. After he or she — mutant or not — isn't one of them for the Krakoans. Still, these precogs if they are mutants should have history and ties with mutants on Krakoa. Is the ban on precogs on Krakoa well understood and accepted by the Krakoans or is it considered as one of these insane laws the citizens on Krakoa resent?

It seems to me that the kind of mutants the Krakoans would be wary of, it's not the precogs, it is the psychics and their powerful powers whose action cannot be seen and proved. Someone tells you the future, it can be unsettling, but do you necessarily believe Cassandra? Scientists warn us about climate change, do we change our behavior?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Moira or some unknown agent seemed to have dealt with all the precogs during Rosencanny if Blindfold and Layla Miller’s situations were anything to go by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    For the vision to be taken seriously or not, I suppose it depends on the reputation of the precog and the accuracy of his/her visions, usually. Or the determination of the person who decide to spread the word.

I suppose also that the precog would be suspected to have an hidden agenda. After he or she — mutant or not — isn't one of them for the Krakoans. Still, these precogs if they are mutants should have history and ties with mutants on Krakoa. Is the ban on precogs on Krakoa well understood and accepted by the Krakoans or is it considered as one of these insane laws the citizens on Krakoa resent?

It seems to me that the kind of mutants the Krakoans would be wary of, it's not the precogs, it is the psychics and their powerful powers whose action cannot be seen and proved. Someone tells you the future, it can be unsettling, but do you necessarily believe Cassandra? Scientists warn us about climate change, do we change our behavior?
    Yeah, I totally see what you mean: but then, I wonder, even if someone does have a good reputation as a precog, or hell, anything, it doesn't take much for that to be tarnished does it? Usually just one little insinuation can snow-ball and make people second-guess their own opinions, not to mention the hear-say that happens from there. All it has to do is get even slightly under some-one's skin before they turn and lash out.

And that is a good question we need to see addressed; do the other mutants know of that law? If they do, why aren't they speaking up; I mean, surely they want their friends to join in on what we're being told is paradise, right? Surely they would have wanted them to be at the celebrations if they were so close? Will we see the resentment that sparks? If so, how might that go?

And definitely. I mean, Jesus, we've seen how easy it is for Charles to just brain-wash and mind-wipe people when it suits him; I often wonder why people don't question more why psychics seem to be able to put themselves in such important positions so easily.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Moira or some unknown agent seemed to have dealt with all the precogs during Rosencanny if Blindfold and Layla Miller’s situations were anything to go by.
    Very true, but what of the mutants whose powers have yet to manifest? Those still with their human families who are as of yet unaware? Or those still to be born, both on Krakoa and outside of it? Moira might have a momentary reprieve but that doesn't mean she's eliminated all the precogs ever, right?

BANNED

What if doom patrol was popular?

Very true, but what of the mutants whose powers have yet to manifest? Those still with their human families who are as of yet unaware? Or those still to be born, both on Krakoa and outside of it? Moira might have a momentary reprieve but that doesn't mean she's eliminated all the precogs ever, right?
    Seems to be a rare mutation in comparison to other powers, but she probably has some sort of countermeasure. She does seem to have Gateway on the island despite being a precog, but maybe that’s only because he barely gives away information.

BANNED

Seems to be a rare mutation in comparison to other powers, but she probably has some sort of countermeasure. She does seem to have Gateway on the island despite being a precog, but maybe that’s only because he barely gives away information.
    Still, just because it's rare doesn't mean it doesn't happen, ya know? What would happen if they do happen to get a particularly chatty one born right on their very own doorstep, so to speak?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Moira studied genetics in deep detail. She has tons of advanced tech in her hideout. My guess: she keeps perpetual monitoring on all the genetic potential of couples and examines offspring in some way for their likely mutation
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Moira studied genetics in deep detail. She has tons of advanced tech in her hideout. My guess: she keeps perpetual monitoring on all the genetic potential of couples and examines offspring in some way for their likely mutation
    And then what would she do with it? How would she prevent them from ever interacting or mingling and such? Would Krakoan tentacles start popping out of the ground in secret?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

And then what would she do with it? How would she prevent them from ever interacting or mingling and such? Would Krakoan tentacles start popping out of the ground in secret?
    Now we get into the fun stuff lol

Maybe in a worst-case scenario invites a couple over to greet their baby... "something happens"... you get the picture.

Or she uses some kind of sterilization on the unlucky couple pre-baby. Or she alters the DNA in some way.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Now we get into the fun stuff lol

Maybe in a worst-case scenario invites a couple over to greet their baby... "something happens"... you get the picture.

Or she uses some kind of sterilization on the unlucky couple pre-baby. Or she alters the DNA in some way.
    Fun stuff indeed!! Ooh that's some juicy thinking right there!

Just think; this lucky couple gets such a prestigious invite! To see Moira? Or, if not, someone of equally high importance (who hasn't been informed of this, might I add) and, oh, on the way...a tragedy...the local Krakoan fauna just 'happens' to ravage the poor child...

The sterilisation or DNA altering though I definitely wouldn't put past her. Hey! Maybe she's able to slip something into the water-supply that only affects that specific developing fetus? Something that, say, nullifies its' X-gene? Which makes way for a totally different problem!

OK now that would be a friggin' twist. Moira somehow leading Ruth to kill herself? Escandalo!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!