Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: What if...?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    OK now that would be a friggin' twist. Moira somehow leading Ruth to kill herself? Escandalo!
    Actually, no that makes a lot of sense looking back...!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Actually, no that makes a lot of sense looking back...!
    It saddened me that Ruth couldn't see a possible scenario where she survived. Maybe she couldn't see the resurrection protocols because Moira was in her way.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It saddened me that Ruth couldn't see a possible scenario where she survived. Maybe she couldn't see the resurrection protocols because Moira was in her way.
    clearly something very wrong was going on with Ruth, some months after der death Krakoa showed up. No way she couldn't see that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    clearly something very wrong was going on with Ruth, some months after der death Krakoa showed up. No way she couldn't see that.
    Oh god, looking at her final words in that context...poor kid...

How do you know how much time separate Ruth's death and Krakoa rising?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Well, HOX #1's text boxes said "One month ago" so...not long. Maybe two months at most?

It's been said. I think from uncanny end to krkoa calling was like 5 months. it was a short period of time

Not even close. The events of Rosencanny went on for at least two months. Then there was a six month timeskip from the end of Rosencanny to the beginning of House of X. Blindfold’s never been able to see that far before.

OK now that would be a friggin' twist. Moira somehow leading Ruth to kill herself? Escandalo!
    Ruth delving into her visions has always been an unclear mess, but this time it was almost incomprehensible and her powers were on the fritz. Somehow she got put in place of the X-Men getting killed rather than just envisioning those mutants dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Not even close. The events of Rosencanny went on for at least two months. Then there was a six month timeskip from the end of Rosencanny to the beginning of House of X. Blindfold’s never been able to see that far before.
    Thanks for this. Sadly I'm not too familiar with her but I like her a lot.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Krakoa was getting ready before that

Thanks for this. Sadly I'm not too familiar with her but I like her a lot.
    I recommend X-Men Legacy by Si Spurrier. It’s a great introduction to the character and she truly gets to shine with Legion.

Krakoa was getting ready before that
    We don't know when Krakoa started getting ready, but HOXPOX gives us an estimation that the work started about a month or two before the minis started. So that’s still four or five months that Blindfold’s precognition can’t reach.

BANNED

Ok, here's another one:

What if a mutant just doesn't like it on Krakoa?

What if they miss their little home comforts; the coffee shop that has their favourite latte, the way a sandwich place puts the condiments on just right? Being able to wander down this one strip of city/country/beach/ect and re--call some fond memories? What if they miss being only an apartment over from their family or hate how the gates just don't feel close enough? What if it just isn't the same on Krakoa and they really, really can't deal...but they aren't allowed to go back?

Do others understand this? Do they try to do the whole "look, this is kinda like x,y,z?" Does that just annoy them?
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 01-09-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Ok, here's another one:

What if a mutant just doesn't like it on Krakoa?

What if they miss their little home comforts; the coffee shop that has their favourite latte, the way a sandwich place puts the condiments on just right? Being able to wander down this one strip of city/country/beach/ect and re--call some fond memories? What if they miss being only an apartment over from their family or hate how the gates just don't feel close enough? What if it just isn't the same on Krakoa and they really, really can't deal...but they aren't allowed to go back?

Do others understand this? Do they try to do the whole "look, this is kinda like x,y,z?" Does that just annoy them?
    Well, I certainly can understand: I moved to a small town and I miss my big city.

I suppose that at first, it would be hard to admit. Krakoa would feel as a perfect place, made for mutants where everyone can feel safe… feeling blue would be hard to justify in a rational way. Someone who dares complaining would be scowled.
    That would be a melancholic story.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Well, I certainly can understand: I moved to a small town and I miss my big city.

I suppose that at first, it would be hard to admit. Krakoa would feel as a perfect place, made for mutants where everyone can feel safe… feeling blue would be hard to justify in a rational way. Someone who dares complaining would be scowled.
    That would be a melancholic story.
    Relevant though: You've got two groups of though, after all. Those who have good memories of their human families and life and those who've known nothing but pain and suffering since they were born. Doesn't make either one invalid...but it would be interesting to see it hashed out on-panel.

Do you think the "human lover" would be demonised as such? Or would there be compassion?

Relevant though: You've got two groups of though, after all. Those who have good memories of their human families and life and those who've known nothing but pain and suffering since they were born. Doesn't make either one invalid...but it would be interesting to see it hashed out on-panel.

Do you think the "human lover" would be demonised as such? Or would there be compassion?
    But you can have bad memories of your childhood and still remember fondly of some elements of your past. I'm not sure it cannot be understand by everyone. But still, if there is no come back possible, this melancholy would be considered as useless and detrimental.