• Alien civilizations

3 4.55%
  • Something else

14 21.21%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    themselves
    Oh no, absolutely nothing can go wrong with how Krakoa is being handled amongst the mutants themselves, even amongst mutants that used to be villains and have since reformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    What? Replace it with "All mutants shall have absolute power over life and death over humanity," a la the people who would become Draka over their "serfs"?
    "Mutants had to figure out a way to resurrect because they keep getting killed". Fixed it for ya!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    No it's not, it's horrible.
    But imagine if that law ends up leading to their downfall. The one human they decide to spare turns around and destroys the island. Ironic much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    But imagine if that law ends up leading to their downfall. The one human they decide to spare turns around and destroys the island. Ironic much.
    Who has enough power to do that, though? For all the talk Magneto and Apocalypse and the like have been doing humans are so lowly and beneath them; how would they even get close enough to destroy the island? What would?...or are we assuming they'll keep the same lax security measures as in X-Force? I mean yeah, that wouldn't be totally surprising but...I gotta be honest, I'm gonna have to start callin' 'em morons if they do...?

And, no, either way; that doesn't justify hatred against all humans in such a murderous fashion. One does not speak for all on what someone might do. And even so, if anything that'd Moira's fault for banning pre-cogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Whatever Moira is trying to hide from them with her "no precogs" rule.
    Or the reaction once other mutants are aware of that rule. That may bring some division.

Mystique is already about to wreak havok in X-Men #6.

How will the kids react to Charles refusing to bring back Blindfold?
    How will Legion react, if their relationship is still cannon? Is he alive? Is he even allowed on Krakoa? One of his personnalities may have precog too.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

After a couple of years of circling the unique concepts that Hickman came up with, with no real progression, the biggest threat would be reader apathy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Or the reaction once other mutants are aware of that rule. That may bring some division.

Mystique is already about to wreak havok in X-Men #6.

How will the kids react to Charles refusing to bring back Blindfold?
    How will Legion react, if their relationship is still cannon? Is he alive? Is he even allowed on Krakoa? One of his personnalities may have precog too.
    Ooh hey, there's a question! Is he dead now or is he still about? 'Cos if he is both alive and harbouring a pre-cog in his personality, I'd find it hard to believe he'd be keeping quiet about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Who has enough power to do that, though? For all the talk Magneto and Apocalypse and the like have been doing humans are so lowly and beneath them; how would they even get close enough to destroy the island? What would?...or are we assuming they'll keep the same lax security measures as in X-Force? I mean yeah, that wouldn't be totally surprising but...I gotta be honest, I'm gonna have to start callin' 'em morons if they do...?

And, no, either way; that doesn't justify hatred against all humans in such a murderous fashion. One does not speak for all on what someone might do. And even so, if anything that'd Moira's fault for banning pre-cogs.
    Well I'm not saying hatred against humans in a murderous fashion, but what if that law leads to their downfall? What if Bill the Merc is let go and he returns with an army of posthuman Sentinel Nimrods, or the data he gathers is used to destroy the protocols? What if "rufus" is actually a Nimrod he's building?

The question isn't whether the law is right or wrong, it's what if that becomes their biggest threat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Well I'm not saying hatred against humans in a murderous fashion, but what if that law leads to their downfall? What if Bill the Merc is let go and he returns with an army of posthuman Sentinel Nimrods, or the data he gathers is used to destroy the protocols? What if "rufus" is actually a Nimrod he's building?

The question isn't whether the law is right or wrong, it's what if that becomes their biggest threat.
    I guess I'd have to see the reasoning behind it on Bill's part. Even then, for all the preparation mutants have been doing against those threats I'd be really friggin' interested to see what exactly takes them by surprise there.

Then again, it would really be irony; Magneto's been talking about how superior he is and how humans are so evil...hm.

Ya know, I'm not saying I support that, but if it did happen to take Magneto out first...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    The biggest threat to Krakoa Mutants is the kill no human law.
    True true. They mustn’t be too lenient with humans.

Revolution? But it is not necessarily a bad thing, rather a natural evolution. As long as they are under pressure and threats, mutants of Krakoa are unite and rather tamed.

Maybe, after a while, they would want a 'regime change'… democracy, elections, unions…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Revolution? But it is not necessarily a bad thing, rather a natural evolution. As long as they are under pressure and threats, mutants of Krakoa are unite and rather tamed.

Maybe, after a while, they would want a 'regime change'… democracy, elections, unions…
    Moira has a plan for that. (The plan involves death and/or permanent exile in the dark spaces within Krakoa's pits)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    After a couple of years of circling the unique concepts that Hickman came up with, with no real progression, the biggest threat would be reader apathy.
    Because readers would love it if we rush back to the 80+ year status quo of the precious Xavier School.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Because readers would love it if we rush back to the 80+ year status quo of the precious Xavier School.
    Well yeah, if they get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Please no!