7 10.61%
  • Alien civilizations

3 4.55%
  • Something else

14 21.21%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm still very curious as to where this will lead...

my guess , she will bring her husband back in a body of nanotech. The birth of Nimdroid

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    my guess , she will bring her husband back in a body of nanotech. The birth of Nimdroid
    Oh nooooo!

(That's a really beautiful panel now that I look at it again btw)
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Yeah, he’ll come back as Nimrod and leave her for Karima.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Yeah, he’ll come back as Nimrod and leave her for Karima.
    Totally forgot about Karima. Add her to the poll!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Totally forgot about Karima. Add her to the poll!
    In my OP I lumped her in with Sentinels/Nimrod.

I did completely forget to add in "Other Super Teams" like under the perspective they are more or less "Enforcers of the human-dominant civilization". That could be a good threat for sure, maybe even a moral threat like via persuasion
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    In my OP I lumped her in with Sentinels/Nimrod.

I did completely forget to add in "Other Super Teams" like under the perspective they are more or less "Enforcers of the human-dominant civilization". That could be a good threat for sure, maybe even a moral threat like via persuasion
    Right now the only team I can see attacking krakoa is the Winter Guard or a Latverian team of supers.

Ultimate Member

Right now the only team I can see attacking krakoa is the Winter Guard or a Latverian team of supers.
    It's kind of weird that at least half of the regular Winter Guard stalwarts (Vanguard, Darkstar, Ursa Major) are mutants, and yet Russia is so actively 'the bad guy' in this Krakoa arc. The 'Russian Avengers' have more mutant regulars (and a mutant *team leader!*) than the US Avengers, and yet seem to be a face of the anti-mutant movement (and supplier to the world of mutant-power-negating tech, which has never been something they had...).

And wow, I'm super-annoyed by the proliferation of mutant-power-negating-tech. Every darn issue of everything but the New Mutants issues set in the Shiar empire seem to be introducing some new gizmo that turns off mutant's powers for a few minutes, and at least half the time, if the idiot using it had just used an *actual gun* the not-even-a-little-bit-bulletproof mutant they temporarily inconvenienced would be dead...

A) lame. B) I don't buy books about mutants with kewl powers to see them get shut down every five seconds and forced to go without. Plus it's weird and inconsistent. Why doesn't Glob just die horribly, collapsing into a puddle of bone-and-organ-filled jello (or turn into a normal teenaged boy/girl for a couple of minutes) when his 'powers are turned off?' It's like, "Oh, your powers are negated! Except you, Glob, because that would be gross."

I was going to make a point about not buying a book about Iron Man because I wanted to see him not use technology for six issues, because he's stuck in the distant Arthurian past, or the Savage Land, or something, but scratch that, I'd actually love that... My tastes are fickle, and not to be trusted.

BANNED

I could see the Winter Guard or a US government strike force led by USAgent (because he’s the worst). Well, maybe once the US is openly hostile.

buncha old lady gardeners apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    buncha old lady gardeners apparently
    Lol, I legit squirted water outta my nose!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Mysterio and Logan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I could see the Winter Guard or a US government strike force led by USAgent (because he’s the worst). Well, maybe once the US is openly hostile.
    If the US want to cause damage they would send Hyperion and his friends. Imagine a team as violent like the team of Xeno in Xforce one with the powers of the Justice League. Just with the super speed they could kill thousands.

BANNED

If the US want to cause damage they would send Hyperion and his friends. Imagine a team as violent like the team of Xeno in Xforce one with the powers of the Justice League. Just with the super speed they could kill thousands.
    Oh damn! I forgot they had the Squadron now. Talk about draaama. Could be a great post-human threat for our Krakoans.

Rogue Fan since the 80's Sandman813's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    themselves
    I agree themselves. they will find a way to SELF DESTRUCT. Just like they did with Utopia.

or Krakoa safety protocalls fail and Krakoa starts feeding on mutants.
    Last edited by Sandman813; 01-10-2020 at 02:54 PM.
    KRAKOA MUST FALL

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I was going to make a point about not buying a book about Iron Man because I wanted to see him not use technology for six issues, because he's stuck in the distant Arthurian past, or the Savage Land, or something, but scratch that, I'd actually love that... My tastes are fickle, and not to be trusted.
    I think that is actually happening to Iron Man at the moment. He got sent back in time and ended up in Caveman times in Avengers. When you have a character dependent on high tech, you can tell some interesting stories when you put them in a situation where they are removed from all their toys for a while