Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jono Starsmore: Chamber Appreciation 2020

Lets All Keep Calm and Carry on Appreciating the English Lad with the Flaming Mouth...

yes that was an awful tagline, sorry...

previous Appreciation thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...r-Appreciation

Jono describing himself as pacifist in today's issue was funny considering the things he did under Rosenberg's pen. But it guess it fits with Hickman's narrative that all past sins are forgiven and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Jono describing himself as pacifist in today's issue was funny considering the things he did under Rosenberg's pen. But it guess it fits with Hickman's narrative that all past sins are forgiven and etc.
    I wonder how much of that he remembers. Shinobi Shaw was brought back without the memory of how he died, I wonder if it is the same for everyone.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Im torn about him in New Mutants, I think Reis art is gorgeous but I miss the snark and the Brit slang. I dont mean I want to go back to Rosenberg version but he seems a bit too...ordinary?

Weird that Jono was "reborn" without his jaw. When he was reborn, his face must have exploded again.

we're supposed to get an issue of X-Men that will address that, or at least the how and why mutants are or are not resurrected with certain traits. I cant remember what issue # it is though.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    we're supposed to get an issue of X-Men that will address that, or at least the how and why mutants are or are not resurrected with certain traits. I cant remember what issue # it is though.
    X-Men #7. And supposedly a whole series dealing with the ramifications of the resurrection protocols after.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    Im torn about him in New Mutants, I think Reis art is gorgeous but I miss the snark and the Brit slang. I dont mean I want to go back to Rosenberg version but he seems a bit too...ordinary?
    Hickman needs to read the Jono scenes during the Spurrier Legion run. I love that Jono.

-Pav, who loves that run...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I do agree that Jono is acting rather... ordinary. Plus, I’m pretty (preeeeetty as in very certain) sure that Jono would have run off to help his friends/teammates and deal with the consequences later. Just sayin’.

Omg, Pav, Spurrier writes the best Chamber. He should come back and write something with Jono in it.

Also, what’s with the drinks? I was fine with the coffee, but why is he making people drinks?

Edit: @jawbreaker: Also forgot to say, thank you for making this thread. I was already missing this space to lurk in.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;

I remember when Generation X first came out and he was just the coolest mutant. I still want Jono and Husk to get back together. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I remember when Generation X first came out and he was just the coolest mutant. I still want Jono and Husk to get back together. <3
    @Marvel: Please give Jono back this aesthetic.^

You know, if it’s done right, I’d be okay with them together. But, I’m rather okay with them not together. I guess I’m good either or.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Weird that Jono was "reborn" without his jaw. When he was reborn, his face must have exploded again.
    It is quite normal for some writers to ignore some continuity so in this case, he didn't die in Rosenberg's run.

If he were really resurrected, he would have his jaw back.

All-New Member

I'm wondering if some of Jono's behaviour is due to a degree of "tweaking" during the resurrection process. After all, he's been shown to have suicidal tendencies on several occasions and you'd have thought being brought back to life might have sent him into a deeper downward spiral of depression, not be making cocktails and coffee. Thinking about it (and yeah, maybe it's wishful thinking on my part), I'm also wondering if this'll mean we'll finally see Jono's powers reach their potential; it's always been implied that his inability to grow was due to his physical/emotional/mental trauma and if this is no longer true....

Quote Originally Posted by Andraste View Post
    I'm wondering if some of Jono's behaviour is due to a degree of "tweaking" during the resurrection process. After all, he's been shown to have suicidal tendencies on several occasions and you'd have thought being brought back to life might have sent him into a deeper downward spiral of depression, not be making cocktails and coffee. Thinking about it (and yeah, maybe it's wishful thinking on my part), I'm also wondering if this'll mean we'll finally see Jono's powers reach their potential; it's always been implied that his inability to grow was due to his physical/emotional/mental trauma and if this is no longer true....
    Well, he is currently about to die in the depths of space. If he's going to pull a big power upgrade/grow then this is the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Well, he is currently about to die in the depths of space. If he's going to pull a big power upgrade/grow then this is the moment!
    Chamber should be a miscarried Phoenix.