Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Andraste View Post
    I'm wondering if some of Jono's behaviour is due to a degree of "tweaking" during the resurrection process. After all, he's been shown to have suicidal tendencies on several occasions and you'd have thought being brought back to life might have sent him into a deeper downward spiral of depression, not be making cocktails and coffee. Thinking about it (and yeah, maybe it's wishful thinking on my part), I'm also wondering if this'll mean we'll finally see Jono's powers reach their potential; it's always been implied that his inability to grow was due to his physical/emotional/mental trauma and if this is no longer true....
    We should just jump ahead and rename the Krakoa nation “Stepford”. But yeah, as happy as I am to see him, the more I read the less “Jono” this seems. I don’t like it when people just shove depression or trauma under the rug like it’s something that’s easy to get rid of, especially since Chamber never actually got help for what happened to him, but I’d be willing to accept it if there was explanations. I don’t like off panel character development, nor do I like it when characters who were depressed or traumatized are suddenly changed to be okay and like it’s a maturity thing. That said, if they are going to continue this way, I too want to see his powers explored more (and please writers for the love of all things wonderful and squishy, stop writing Chamber like he’s a fire guy. His powers are psyonic.)
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    lol I was just thinking of your post, how nice of it to make a comeback. I’m for it! Do it Marvel.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

I wonder if giving him the full cockney accent would have helped, as cheesy as it can be sometimes, make him feel more like Jono?

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Also, what’s with the drinks? I was fine with the coffee, but why is he making people drinks?

Edit: @jawbreaker: Also forgot to say, thank you for making this thread. I was already missing this space to lurk in.
    hah you're welcome! And yeah whats with him joking about the no mouth thing, that's so un-Jono like!

Its funny, but kinda weirdly OOC too.

I agree about Spurrier, his Jono was great just the right amount of arseshole, but still lovable.

I think their pushing the idea that Jono has accepted it. Which honestly, im ok with. I like cool Chamber.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-11-2020 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    It is quite normal for some writers to ignore some continuity so in this case, he didn't die in Rosenberg's run.

If he were really resurrected, he would have his jaw back.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Weird that Jono was "reborn" without his jaw. When he was reborn, his face must have exploded again.
    Jono resurrected himself once in a Gen X annual, and he still burst his chest/jaws again. It's a psychosomatic feature of his in this dimension at least. Like how Cyke still needs his visor, even though there would be no 'brain damage' in this new body.

chamber2.jpg

chamber3.jpg

chamber4.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I don’t think Jono was ripped enough there, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don’t think Jono was ripped enough there, lol.
    Damn, right? "I gave myself the form that I remember wearing" yeah Jono, right. As if you didn't turn yourself into a bodybuilder.

Btw, yeah I noticed he's a tad too happy/sarcastic rather than being grimy and sad Jono. But probably we'll need to see more of him, since he's yet to get a more serious scene.