Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Outstanding issue, so many outstanding scenes and I'm looking forward to more. I was eating up each panel.

As mentioned in the other thread, this to me is golden. The experiment is working. It's fresh and fragile and can change on a dime, but progress is happening.

So, reading over that image, what're we thinking that means here?

Is there going to be a full-on war between Krakoa and everyone else? That's what that seems to imply?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Starting to get why people are annoyed by the data pages. Just like the sword scene, Xavier discovering Black Tom’s Juggernaut statue could’ve been a really interesting page.
    I approach the data pages oftentimes as extras. They don't count towards the page count of the standard 20 pages of illustrated art that a comic has. If you excised them from the comic, would it really change anything? If the Black Tom story was actually illustrated, it would have required multiples pages and disrupted the flow of the story. It's not necessary to the main plot. If we didn't have the data pages, some of the stuff mentioned in them wouldn't have even been put in the comic at all.

I forgot to mention that I really enjoyed how Domino used her new enhanced arm. She did some Cap shield work, some Iron Man blasting and even popped the claws with Logan in the same room.

I’m not the first to say this but Dean White on colors just makes everything look that much better. Cassara and him are just so good on this title.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    San luis obispo is not beachside!

I was born there its inland.

Writer fail
    Maybe the dude was full of **** to try and inspire some pity? If he was hoping to get out of there alive giving away his real city of residence would be dumb.

Im starting to be annoyed with how much I like the plot better then the characters. That was to be excited tbh with this cast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I approach the data pages oftentimes as extras. They don't count towards the page count of the standard 20 pages of illustrated art that a comic has. If you excised them from the comic, would it really change anything? If the Black Tom story was actually illustrated, it would have required multiples pages and disrupted the flow of the story. It's not necessary to the main plot. If we didn't have the data pages, some of the stuff mentioned in them wouldn't have even been put in the comic at all.
    But that's a real character moment displaying an enormous generation of power. That shouldn't be on a data-page, that should be its' own issue; so what if it requires multiple pages? Maybe it is better left until there's more room for it and, thus, much more relevant? Hell, it could have been the start of an arc all on its' own later down the line! As you said, if not for the data page it wouldn't be there anyway, so why waste it? Why not just throw info about Forge's weaponry there? Or an inventory of what's missing? That's more suitable content?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post

Is there going to be a full-on war between Krakoa and everyone else? That's what that seems to imply?
    That’s kind of how I read it. People are pulling back from current conflicts to see what the big scary mutants are gonna do.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Maybe the dude was full of **** to try and inspire some pity? If he was hoping to get out of there alive giving away his real city of residence would be dumb.

Im starting to be annoyed with how much I like the plot better then the characters. That was to be excited tbh with this cast.
    Bill the Merc is a liar. How dare he tarnish the rep of the 805
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That’s kind of how I read it. People are pulling back from current conflicts to see what the big scary mutants are gonna do.
    Typical. Lame of them, but typical. But then...I do trust Percy with this concept. I think he tackles it really maturely and isn't afraid to really delve in and dissect a concept--it won't be just black and white, evil-flatscans vs scary-muties, not if how much thought he put into writing Bill was any indication.

But that's a real character moment displaying an enormous generation of power. That shouldn't be on a data-page, that should be its' own issue; so what if it requires multiple pages? Maybe it is better left until there's more room for it and, thus, much more relevant? Hell, it could have been the start of an arc all on its' own later down the line! As you said, if not for the data page it wouldn't be there anyway, so why waste it? Why not just throw info about Forge's weaponry there? Or an inventory of what's missing? That's more suitable content?
    The thing about the X-Men's new status quo is that there are so many interesting stories they can tell with each character, but there are only so many titles and so many pages they can use to tell them. Someone's story is going to be left by the wayside. I guess Black Tom's story isn't relevant to what Percy is telling right now, but it does seem like he's setting something up to happen concerning Black Tom's mental state. I'm assuming he'll touch upon it in the future.

We'll have to see but I do appreciate the current air of de-escalation.

What also is intriguing (as we touched upon on the other thread) is Hank reaching out to them secretly. Probably to learn about who has been hiring them but it would be a kick in the pants if he ends up hiring them to help protect offsite facilities such as Greenspace.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    The thing about the X-Men's new status quo is that there are so many interesting stories they can tell with each character, but there are only so many titles and so many pages they can use to tell them. Someone's story is going to be left by the wayside. I guess Black Tom's story isn't relevant to what Percy is telling right now, but it does seem like he's setting something up to happen concerning Black Tom's mental state. I'm assuming he'll touch upon it in the future.
    I still think that, if there are that many interesting stories, then Marvel should guarantee the writers time to tell them. It's such a waste and shame to see such interesting concepts just...summed up. Like, that's it? That's all the time this character gets dedicated to something so amazing? A pivotal character moment reduced to 'extra'? Because, see, if something is truly worth setting up, then it's worth showing not just telling. And if they can dedicate space for a data-page, then can surely choose to replace that space with an extra sequence. Perhaps not as long, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I forgot to mention that I really enjoyed how Domino used her new enhanced arm. She did some Cap shield work, some Iron Man blasting and even popped the claws with Logan in the same room.
    Same! This tech could really bridge the gap for mutants with less combative powers. I'm sure Quire will want to look into some weapons after all.

Forge's suit was awesome and how he literally held Logan together was amazing. Now, I would like to see more of these bad boys in the air and in action:

Nevertheless, despite all the cool new tech, Gateway is boss.

BANNED

We'll have to see but I do appreciate the current air of de-escalation.

What also is intriguing (as we touched upon on the other thread) is Hank reaching out to them secretly. Probably to learn about who has been hiring them but it would be a kick in the pants if he ends up hiring them to help protect offsite facilities such as Greenspace.
    Yeah, definitely; with how empathetic a character Hank can be, I'm hoping there's more to that detail!

Same! This tech could really bridge the gap for mutants with less combative powers. I'm sure Quire will want to look into some weapons after all.

Forge's suit was awesome and how he literally held Logan together was amazing. Now, I would like to see more of these bad boys in the air and in action:

Nevertheless, despite all the cool new tech, Gateway is boss.
    What’s a quin-jet? Agreed I want to see some dog fights.

Yeah, definitely; with how empathetic a character Hank can be, I'm hoping there's more to that detail!
    Same. Or he offers to pay them double what Mr. Peacock is paying, to destroy Xeno from within.
    Last edited by JB; 01-08-2020 at 06:55 PM.