Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Same. Or he offers to pay them double what Mr. Peacock is paying, to destroy his organization from within.
    That would be good solution to the Merchs , they would have to deal with the fanatics but at least Xeno would lose much of his power

BANNED

Same. Or he offers to pay them double what Mr. Peacock is paying, to destroy his organization from within.
    Ok, but why am I suddenly amused at the idea of a bidding war between Hank and Mr. Peacock? Like the mooks are just literally following the money, wandering back and forth between the two of theml like a line of ducklings?

In all seriousness though, I hope we'd get to see that on panel! Like, say you have one of these goons who's in direct contact with Hank actually hearing him out. Maybe it reminds him of something similar in his own life or, ya know, just gives him pause to what he's doing? Maybe it unravels an even bigger secret from within? That the Peacock was just a patsy the whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    That would be good solution to the Merchs , they would have to deal with the fanatics but at least Xeno would lose much of his power
    Yup! It's similar to what goes on with real life black ops teams. The guns turn out but they can always turn in for the right price.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Yup! It's similar to what goes on with real life black ops teams. The guns turn out but they can always turn in for the right price.
    Oooh...and Forge has more 'unique' guns now...if they offered to let them in on that... even just to borrow them for a bit, well...

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Ok, but why am I suddenly amused at the idea of a bidding war between Hank and Mr. Peacock? Like the mooks are just literally following the money, wandering back and forth between the two of theml like a line of ducklings?

In all seriousness though, I hope we'd get to see that on panel! Like, say you have one of these goons who's in direct contact with Hank actually hearing him out. Maybe it reminds him of something similar in his own life or, ya know, just gives him pause to what he's doing? Maybe it unravels an even bigger secret from within? That the Peacock was just a patsy the whole time?
    You may have just jinxed yourself. Now it's gonna happen on one big data page!

BANNED

You may have just jinxed yourself. Now it's gonna happen on one big data page!
    Those absolutely bastards, they would and all!! Ok, well, the last thing I ever wanna see is that! I want a whole novel's worth of data pages!!!! (is it working?)

Mighty Member

People see data pages as Hickman skipping over things but I see him as planting stuff. The whole Black Tom thing will come up again and we will remember reading about the signs.

This was a great issue! Really felt for Domino and Logan was badass. Wolverine fans should be happy knowing he gets to write his solo book. I feel jealous, Wolverine fans always luck out.

Def want to learn more about Peacock. The main villains (Peacock?) hasn't even shown up and it's issue 5 but we don't care cause it's so good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    People see data pages as Hickman skipping over things but I see him as planting stuff. The whole Black Tom thing will come up again and we will remember reading about the signs.

This was a great issue! Really felt for Domino and Logan was badass. Wolverine fans should be happy knowing he gets to write his solo book. I feel jealous, Wolverine fans always luck out.

Def want to learn more about Peacock. The main villains (Peacock?) hasn't even shown up and it's issue 5 but we don't care cause it's so good.
    Stuff which usually feels more relevant to the story when seen, not just 'told'. These data pages don't feel like they're part of the story, but rather, designed to just 'give extra' stuff. Supplementary material, if you will, but it's being grossly misused in how pivotal character moments and events are being delegated there. They're interruptions, not part of the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post

Well we did see Mrs. Peacock in the library with... sorry. He was leading the meeting in issue #1, yeah?

He's the mastermind hiring all these goons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I forgot to mention that I really enjoyed how Domino used her new enhanced arm. She did some Cap shield work, some Iron Man blasting and even popped the claws with Logan in the same room.

I’m not the first to say this but Dean White on colors just makes everything look that much better. Cassara and him are just so good on this title.
    I think it's more like a Cable look for Domino.

Mighty Member

Is Quentin dead ?

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Is Quentin dead ?
    Yes. For now. "He's baking in the oven right now. I'm sure he'll come out overdone".

How was Sage this issue?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Stuff which usually feels more relevant to the story when seen, not just 'told'. These data pages don't feel like they're part of the story, but rather, designed to just 'give extra' stuff. Supplementary material, if you will, but it's being grossly misused in how pivotal character moments and events are being delegated there. They're interruptions, not part of the experience.
    I mean it's obvious that you see the data pages as something restricted and reductive to the overall narrative and others see it as something additive and another tool for expanding the narrative but we've been on this merry go round before and you simply do not like the data pages the way their presented can't be helped.

I love that the X-Force is really operating outside of the morality of the Krakoan Laws for now the fact that this CIA like organization is exempt from the Kill No Humans law allow the other X-Men teams are trying to adhere to it is an interesting perspective. No doubt someone is going to call out X-Force and Xavier for their hypocrisy. On another note I just realized this issue 5 and Colossus still hasn't managed to join the main team but Percy is so good at what he does that it really doesn't even matter to me. The overall story is just so good right now.

The fact that the X-Force members basically have priority when it comes to resurrection is delicious.

BANNED

In his face