Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This book never dissapoints. Wolverine, Domino and Forge were great, tons of fun and actions for them
    the only problem is Jean and Beast not getting much but it was still great.
    It was so brutal and wholesome at the same time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This book never dissapoints. Wolverine, Domino and Forge were great, tons of fun and actions for them
    You know the same thing can said about Domino or Forge in their previous issues. But I am gonna pass into it because Percy did what he had to do.

Astonishing Member

When working with a large casts you just have to prioritize some characters over others but overall Percy has done an amazing job at balancing the cast so far. Like I honestly can't pick out one character that's the main POV character for this book unlike Marauders with Kate and Emma which is great makes it feel like a true team book.

They've all had their moments in the past 5 issues sans Colossus.

The panel of Wolverine is pure genius, I wish could get a better shot it of it

Capture.jpg

Spectacular Member

An enjoyable story. Great moments from Forge, Gateway, Black Tom and especially Domino. Loved that she was able to get some much needed payback.

Never knew just how powerful Black Tom's power was before reading the info page. Seems his power has vast potential to be explored in later issues. I do wonder how Krakoa, which is a living thing, feels to having Tom interfere and merge with it on a daily basis

The only part I disliked, and I am probably in the minority, was how Wolverine was handled in this episode. I get he has a healing factor but this was too much and just bordered on silly. Seem that the only thing that can kill him is burning up in re-entry as seen in HOX 4.
    Last edited by Basilisk; 01-08-2020 at 11:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    An enjoyable story. Great moments from Forge, Gateway, Black Tom and especially Domino. Loved that she was able to get some much needed payback.

Never knew just how powerful Black Tom's power was before reading the info page. Seems his power has vast potential to be explored in later issues. I do wonder how Krakoa, which is a living thing, feels to having Tom interfere and merge with it on a daily basis

The only part I disliked, and I am probably in the minority, was how Wolverine was handled in this episode. I get he has a healing factor but this was too much and just bordered on silly. Seem that the only thing that can kill him is burning up in re-entry as seen in HOX 4.
    I mean Wolverine's healing Factor has always been pretty ridiculous unless you destroy his brain he can pretty much come back from anything and usually his brain is in case and adamantium skull. Or drown him I guess.

Not sure why him surviving being cut in half is ridiculous though.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

X-Force putting in work.

NUT/10

sdfghjk.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    X-Force putting in work.

NUT/10

sdfghjk.jpg
    mm?
    10char

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post

Black Tom is also starting to move rocks and inanimate stuff, which he couldn't do before. And he talks through bees so he's starting to control the Fauna too.

I wonder if either his powers are evolving or it's related to the fact that even the ground on Krakoa is alive.

Either way, he's going to become crazy real soon real fast if they don't unplug him soon.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Peacock -Man needs a code-name. We do know his organizartion is called Xeno.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Quick recap of the issue

-We pick up right where last issue left off, QQ's head and half of Logan surrounded by human mercs.
    -The mercenaries care not to deal with Logan's better half and move on to the mission of plundering and looting
    -Domino tells Logan she's on her way, but she now needs a new transport
    -Enter Black Tom and Gateway, after a small standoff Gateway reluctantly (is forced) to get Domino and surprisingly Forge to the facility being attacked, Forge brings Logan's legs, Forge is also in a Krakoan mech suit, he gets the best toys.
    -Logan has crawled his way to the mercs and kills one and then smiles like he got a N64 for Christmas, because lets face it none of them expected him to do that
    - Domino and Forge show up. Domino just wrecks shop getting some much deserved catharsis from her flaying. Forge builds a better Wolverine (he literally smashes the two halves above his head, God I love comics)
    -Domino continues to murder humans she thinks are more lab built soldiers, we learn that technically X-Force is exempt from 1/3 of the laws of Krakoa.
    -The last merc standing gives up, Beast begs Domino not to kill him because the need info. We learn Bill (the merc) has a dog named Rufus. I can say with 100% certainty Rufus is a good boy, despite Bill being a very bad boy.
    -Beast and Jean interrogate Bill, Bill wants to call his neighbor to so he can tell him to feed Rufus. We learn that the group that hit the facility was hired by the peacock tattoo guy that skinned Domino. The mercs themselves don't necessarily hate mutants, they just do what they are paid to do and now that Krakoa is #1 they will be getting targeted a lot.
    -Beast calls 1-800-Merc-4U2 and inquires about their services, he tells nobody.
    -We learn in a glorious data page that Krakoa moves Black Tom around while he sleeps, Ol' Krakky is such the prankster. On the other hand Black Tom has way more control of physical manifestations of Krakoa than he knows.
    -Lastly we get a sweet bonding moment with Domino and Logan who embrace the quiet of not having QQ around for a few days while he regrows his body.

Another amazing issue from Percy and Cassara and White. I have to say that the action, dialogue and pace have just been perfect for each issue so far. Seeing Domino tear through the mercs was just so fun to look at and read and she definitely paid for her time to play. My personal favorite part of the issue was the look on 1/2 Logan's face after he crawled from the gate to wherever the bad guys were and stabbed a guy, just this stump resting on a dead body with a look of pure satisfaction. The look of sheer terror in the other merc's faces is a close second for my favorite scene though.

I really am excited to see more of this peacock tattoo fella, he seems to be pulling all the strings and I can't wait to find out why. X-Force seems to be moving forward with it's story much faster than every other title and I'm okay with that. We still have Colossus waiting in the wings so there is even more in store! 5/5.
    I must say, that’s an excellent recap. Well done!

Mighty Member

Agree, this is the best X-title of the Dawn of X titles, there's so much action, so much surprises and best of all,it's the mind-blowing art.

This title should be nominated as the ACTION-PACKED title whereas New Mutants title won the COMEDY title.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean Wolverine's healing Factor has always been pretty ridiculous unless you destroy his brain he can pretty much come back from anything and usually his brain is in case and adamantium skull. Or drown him I guess.

Not sure why him surviving being cut in half is ridiculous though.
    I was fine with him surviving the decapitation, it was what he did after it that bothered me. He managed to crawl from the portal (some unknown distance) and impale his claw through a soldiers back. Really curious how he managed to jump at least two feet in the air with no legs. Then he withstood a barrage of bullets from a machine gun point blank. This would normally not be a problem as he has an adamantium skeleton but looking at the damage done to his head, the shown broken rib and hole where his shoulder should be I would say his new body is lacking a full adamantium skeleton.

I would have preferred if Wolverine had been tossed (Fastball special) by a member of X-Force (Forge) as the way to announce their arrival and the entire page of the soldier emptying a machine gun into Wolverine was omitted. Felt the scene wasn't necessary.

He “jumped” with his arms. Look at those arms! Dude is yoked. As for how he managed to regain consciousness and crawl over there while missing his lower half? Well, he’s Wolverine. He’s a tough sumbitch. That’s about the size of it.

Its speaks to the power of this creative team, when the writing and art works so well together, that someone like myself who doesn't have overly strong attachments to the selected cast, but still finds this title to be one of his favorites in Dawn of X.

That isn't to say that I'm not fond of everyone in X-Force ( I love all my X-Men to varying degree) but I wouldn't have guessed enjoying this title as much as I am when it was announced.