Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its speaks to the power of this creative team, when the writing and art works so well together, that someone like myself who doesn't have overly strong attachments to the selected cast, but still finds this title to be one of his favorites in Dawn of X.

That isn't to say that I'm not fond of everyone in X-Force ( I love all my X-Men to varying degree) but I wouldn't have guessed enjoying this title as much as I am when it was announced.
    I felt the exact same way when this was announced. I was like "Quentin? BEAST? And what is Black Tom doing here meh".

Now this is my favorite book.

Ok this series is still slightly ahead of the pack for me. I’m loving Marauders but still got xforce is barely ahead. Honestly this should be the main title over the atrocity that is X-men. Honestly did not see myself enjoying this title the way I have when it was first announced.

The scene with wolverine was worth the price of admission alone. Yes it was ridiculous for him to survive and yes the healing factor is one of the most overpowered inconsistent abilities in comics.....but damn what a laugh out loud oh **** moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its speaks to the power of this creative team, when the writing and art works so well together, that someone like myself who doesn't have overly strong attachments to the selected cast, but still finds this title to be one of his favorites in Dawn of X.

That isn't to say that I'm not fond of everyone in X-Force ( I love all my X-Men to varying degree) but I wouldn't have guessed enjoying this title as much as I am when it was announced.
    Oh 100% same!

Like, HOX/POX left me with absolutely no hope in the X-Line: it felt like it just grossly oversimplified everything into "Us VS Them!!" Especially with Moira's ret-con, so when I hear about X-force and how they're 'exempt from the law' I'm thinking "Oh ****, this is the anti-human thing, isn't it? Gratuitous violence because they can?" But then, in issue #2, seeing how Percy does put a cap on himself via Wolverine...and then here, seeing the nuance he does treat the situation with! Domino isn't blamed for her anger, but she also isn't shown to be devoid of empathy--she's already conquering her trauma in that respect by being still able to stop, to hear out Bill (who we really, really didn't need a name for but...! We did get one! And a little detail about him and...!!) And like...yes! This is the complexity that's been missing!! This is the real nitty-gritty! There's no posturing, no tearing down of one side over the other; it's addressing the issues and threats present and, better yet, doing something about it! It's literally a smack in the head to get down to business and I love it so much! <3 <3 <3 <3

BANNED

This book really is so good it’s almost getting boring to talk about. Definitely the most consistent in quality. Imagine if they were all at this level.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

The biggest complaint I have about the book is probably it's kind of gross and overdoes the gore stuff some, too much body horror elements

Also Jean's costume is awful (Sage's is not good either)

Beast seems all over the map but if that's by design then fine

Hmm. Yeah I like this book but I'm not head over heels like some of you, I view it as a very solid book that plods along with its plot and indeed has given a great management to its ensemble cast. But there are for sure issues, and Jean/Logan can always potentially start taking over the title, so watch for that.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    The biggest complaint I have about the book is probably it's kind of gross and overdoes the gore stuff some, too much body horror elements

Hmm. Yeah I like this book but I'm not head over heels like some of you, I view it as a very solid book that plods along with its plot and indeed has given a great management to its ensemble cast. But there are for sure issues, and Jean/Logan can always potentially start taking over the title, so watch for that.
    The gore is also an issue for me as well. It’s not that I mind blood and so on. It’s a part of the comic book experience. However at times this book seems to overdue it. I get that the stakes are high and so on but still.....wouldn’t mind them toning it back a bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

X-Force is all about R+ stuff and that is not a opinion, it's a fact. This book is more grounded than most of the other x-books imo.
    Last edited by Vishop_; 01-09-2020 at 09:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop_ View Post
    X-Force is all about R+ stuff and that is not a opinion, it's a fact. This book is more grounded than most of other x-books imo.
    Ya know, for an R+ book I really do admire how maturely it tackles even the goriest things. There's emotional weight there, it is horrifying and not too gratuitous. I mean yeah, it is gratuitous but not, like, as stupidly as I'd expect from that.

Once again another awesome read. I feel like I'm reading other books for various reasons, X-Men as the flagship book and I "should" read it to know what's going on. Excalibur because I want to like it more than I do because of the cast, same for Marauders, Fallen Angels to just finish the arc and Sinister. But X-Force is the only one I'm reading because it's so good. Definitely the top book of Dawn of X.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Once again another awesome read. I feel like I'm reading other books for various reasons, X-Men as the flagship book and I "should" read it to know what's going on. Excalibur because I want to like it more than I do because of the cast, same for Marauders, Fallen Angels to just finish the arc and Sinister. But X-Force is the only one I'm reading because it's so good. Definitely the top book of Dawn of X.
    Dude, you should never feel obligated to read a book just because it's the flagship. If this one speaks to you more then you have every right to drop it and just get the cliff-notes version of the others. Besides, gotta tell ya, nothing is really happening over in X-Men. There's posturing and supposedly things being set up "for the future" but, eh. This is the book that actually tackles stuff directly!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Dude, you should never feel obligated to read a book just because it's the flagship. If this one speaks to you more then you have every right to drop it and just get the cliff-notes version of the others. Besides, gotta tell ya, nothing is really happening over in X-Men. There's posturing and supposedly things being set up "for the future" but, eh. This is the book that actually tackles stuff directly!
    OH I know. I don't have to. But my OCD demands it. But I totally get what you're saying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    OH I know. I don't have to. But my OCD demands it. But I totally get what you're saying.
    Ah I get ya, I'm very much the same! However, I don't actually give them the money for that particular book; my wonderful boyfriend loans me his copy of the flagship to read through when he's done. Do you have any friends whom collect that you might be able to get together with or cadge a copy off? That way you're in the know but you're not feeling obligated to support something you're not happy with?

(And, I want to emphasise, isn't illegal in any way because, ya know, it has been paid for. It's just getting it's money's worth of use.)

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Was Black Tom possessing Gateway? That was my interpretation of that scene, but I haven't seen anyone mention it.

BANNED

Ya know, for an R+ book I really do admire how maturely it tackles even the goriest things. There's emotional weight there, it is horrifying and not too gratuitous. I mean yeah, it is gratuitous but not, like, as stupidly as I'd expect from that.
    I don't think gore comics always have to be gratuitous or somewhat stupid. Just look at previous X-Force or Uncanny X-Force iterations by Craig Kyle or Rick Remender. They all are good.

BANNED

Hickman takes times to do worldbuilding stuff but it always pays off in long time run.