Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Ah I get ya, I'm very much the same! However, I don't actually give them the money for that particular book; my wonderful boyfriend loans me his copy of the flagship to read through when he's done. Do you have any friends whom collect that you might be able to get together with or cadge a copy off? That way you're in the know but you're not feeling obligated to support something you're not happy with?

(And, I want to emphasise, isn't illegal in any way because, ya know, it has been paid for. It's just getting it's money's worth of use.)
    I actually don't. I am considering though if things don't pick up through issue 6, dropping Excalibur and Marauders and just getting X-Men through trades, at least then I'll only be a few months behind. It's a compromise. But I'm all on for X-Force so far. It's brilliant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I actually don't. I am considering though if things don't pick up through issue 6, dropping Excalibur and Marauders and just getting X-Men through trades, at least then I'll only be a few months behind. It's a compromise. But I'm all on for X-Force so far. It's brilliant.
    Yeah, I'm totally with you on that, especially with Marauders. I don't know how that went downhill so fast from issue #1! It's just...eh...I wish Emma'd take a flying leap.

X- force was a great read! This is my favourite of the DoX books!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I felt the exact same way when this was announced. I was like "Quentin? BEAST? And what is Black Tom doing here meh".

Now this is my favorite book.
    And I felt like you. I was not much interested in X-Force when it was announced. I was wondering why Logan and Jean ended up in such an "average team", and... My bad. It's my favorite DoX book now. Even if Jean wasn't in it (and I thought she wouldn't be here in gis new issue when i started reading it) I would love the book. It's so much too my taste, so i feel grateful that Jean & Logan are in it. Thanks to Benjamin Percy, Joshua Cassara and Dean White for their amazing job.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Was Black Tom possessing Gateway? That was my interpretation of that scene, but I haven't seen anyone mention it.
    That would put my mind at more ease since I am uncomfortable with Gateway being used as a violent action type. he is supposed to be incredibly serene and above it all
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I approach the data pages oftentimes as extras. They don't count towards the page count of the standard 20 pages of illustrated art that a comic has. If you excised them from the comic, would it really change anything? If the Black Tom story was actually illustrated, it would have required multiples pages and disrupted the flow of the story. It's not necessary to the main plot. If we didn't have the data pages, some of the stuff mentioned in them wouldn't have even been put in the comic at all.
    That’s the point I had brought up when the Sword of Damocles scene between Magneto and Xavier happened:

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’m of two minds when it comes to the data pages. On one hand, I would’ve loved to actually see this all get drawn. Magneto and Xavier’s reunion, the sword scene, fifth assassin’s death etc etc would’ve been visually great to see. On the other hand, this is all free information we’ve been given. Remove it and you aren’t missing anything that Percy is trying to tell in the story. All in all, it doesn’t matter if you see the assassin blow up and kill Healer or Xavier and Magneto having another homoerotic stare-off but now that we know it happened, we want to see it. It’s a lose/lose situation unless we’re actually provided with some sort of chart or set-up that builds on the world without actually giving us story beats that could’ve been included in the story (with the obvious exclusion of other story elements to make room).
    It just doesn’t seem like the best way to utilize the data pages. All the other data pages make some use of it while most of the X-Force ones are just “deleted scenes.” It’s like poking us with a better comic book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Once again another awesome read.
    Yep. This book is consistently fantastic.

The book is vry violent and gory, but I guess the art and colors made it more tolerable. Half wolverine killing that guy was amazing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That’s the point I had brought up when the Sword of Damocles scene between Magneto and Xavier happened:

It just doesn’t seem like the best way to utilize the data pages. All the other data pages make some use of it while most of the X-Force ones are just “deleted scenes.” It’s like poking us with a better comic book.
    And that's exactly what I've been trying to say!! It shouldn't be like a deleted scene, it should be allowed to be part of the plot!! Otherwise it's just "...Ok? Whatever?" Because, hell, it's just an extra; just an 'interruption' really.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    And that's exactly what I've been trying to say!! It shouldn't be like a deleted scene, it should be allowed to be part of the plot!! Otherwise it's just "...Ok? Whatever?" Because, hell, it's just an extra; just an 'interruption' really.
    They're only an "interruption" if you seek to perceive them as such.

You can easily skip the data pages in this week's X-Force and your reading experience will not suffer. You can still enjoy the story and understand all the pertinent information.

The data pages provide additional information for anyone curious to explore more but it's not demanded of the reader that they must read them to comprehend the issue.

They're not "deleted scenes," they simply expand on elements that there otherwise wouldn't be space to devote to. They're side bars.

To regard them with hostility is just silly. They take away from nothing and can be enjoyed or ignored according to reader preference.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    And I felt like you. I was not much interested in X-Force when it was announced. I was wondering why Logan and Jean ended up in such an "average team", and... My bad. It's my favorite DoX book now. Even if Jean wasn't in it (and I thought she wouldn't be here in gis new issue when i started reading it) I would love the book. It's so much too my taste, so i feel grateful that Jean & Logan are in it. Thanks to Benjamin Percy, Joshua Cassara and Dean White for their amazing job.
    I'm on the same boat with the rest of you. I almost didn't pick up issue #1 because my "favorites" are in other books but I'm so glad I did. It's incredible and it's making me love the cast even more.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

You can easily skip the data pages in this week's X-Force and your reading experience will not suffer. You can still enjoy the story and understand all the pertinent information.

The data pages provide additional information for anyone curious to explore more but it's not demanded of the reader that they must read them to comprehend the issue.

They're not "deleted scenes," they simply expand on elements that there otherwise wouldn't be space to devote to. They're side bars.

To regard them with hostility is just silly. They take away from nothing and can be enjoyed or ignored according to reader preference.
    Opinion is opinion; you do not get to look down on me for that, nor assume that I'm seeking for them to be what they just naturally are to me.

They're an interruption, to me, in that they offer little to the plot other than, as you say 'extra information.' Said 'extra information,' however, in X-Force deserves to be part of the plot because it's detailing what seem to be pivotal character moments. 'Extra side-bar' worthy information would be, say, stats on Forge's weaponry or an inventory of what was stolen, ect; not a display of Black Tom's power and mental state.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

You should see the data pages in Excalibur this week. More than a deleted scene, they're trying to explain and justify the entire concept of 'mutant magic' in them, and its a load of confusing nonsense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    How was Sage this issue?
    She keeps getting overshadowed by literally everyone else. Idk anymore if Percy gets EXACTLY what her character is about or not at all.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I guess Gateway teleported the pilot to some random location and the copter crashed on its own. I thought that was a weapon in his hand but it was that amulet he always swings around.
    "Cable was right!"