BANNED

Default Darth Vader vs Thrawn

Round 1: each have their fleet.

Let’s say somehow Vader survives and is fighting Thrawn for rule over the empire.

Round 2: they fight on a remote planet, Thrawn gets a detachment of clone troopers and 4 weeks of prep.

I think Thrawn probably wins round one, maybe round two.

In both cases, Thrawn is able to plan for Force use and known Jedi/Sith tactics.

For example, in round one, Thrawn neglects to get on the vid-comm with Vader, preventing the Force-choke. So pure fleet tactics, Thrawn wins.

In the second case, he'll have anticipated all Jedi/Sith tactics and maneuvers. Vader has to actually defeat the clone troopers personally to win. Vader might be able to do that, not sure.

NOTE: Everyone be forewarned, spell-check is possessed by Mephisto and continually changes "Thrawn" to "Thrown."

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Round 1: Thrawn. Vader (Anakin) is capable but Thrawn's Specialty is a Fleet Commander.

Round 2: Vader: Thrawn may be better as a Fleet Commander, but on the Battlefield? This is where Vader is scary. However, four weeks of prep. If Thrawn is able to set up some sort of trap

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Round 1: Thrawn. Vader (Anakin) is capable but Thrawn's Specialty is a Fleet Commander.

Round 2: Vader: Thrawn may be better as a Fleet Commander, but on the Battlefield? This is where Vader is scary. However, four weeks of prep. If Thrawn is able to set up some sort of trap
    I think in a recent comic Thrawn said he had several ways of killing vader.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I know nothing of Thrawn, but I want to say that I read the first post as "each have their feet" and pictured a very different sort of fight. Possibly with Vader carrying his severed, burned feet.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I know nothing of Thrawn, but I want to say that I read the first post as "each have their feet" and pictured a very different sort of fight. Possibly with Vader carrying his severed, burned feet.
    I just pictured Sidious keeping them in a a jar...in some secret chamber.

Cough

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

thrawn is a tactical genius, especially in fleet battles. i'm going with him.

and he has trolled vader a few times.

BANNED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWeXQ4Sy-Xs

Here’s the video where it’s said he had ways to kill vader

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I think in a recent comic Thrawn said he had several ways of killing vader.
    But would they work? Not the first time somebody had a vision to take Vader out.

After reading Vader Down, I'm confident he's winning scenario #2.

Vader flew in to three squads of X-Wings doing battle exercises. Shot two of them down on his own. Luke going kamikaze on Vader's TIE Fighter caused them both to crash on the planet below.

Vader was surrounded by troopers, tanks, and bombers all out to get him. It was a massacre.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 01-09-2020 at 12:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    But would they work? Not the first time somebody had a vision to take Vader out.

After reading Vader Down, I'm confident he's winning scenario #2.

Vader flew in to three squads of X-Wings doing battle exercises. Shot two of them down on his own. Luke going kamikaze on Vader's TIE Fighter caused them both to crash on the planet below.

Vader was surrounded by troopers, tanks, and bombers all out to get him. It was a massacre.
    Knowing Thrawn then yes, he would have come up with a working counter measure to Vader, especially if they’ve been working together a while or if Thrawn knows of Vader a while.

In the recent Vader comic Tarkin almost killed him with prep.

All-New Member

Don't think canon Thrawn has the feats to beat canon Darth "I solo armies" Vader in any scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    In the recent Vader comic Tarkin almost killed him with prep.
    There's a big asterisk here in that Vader literally asks Tarkin to put a hunting party together to The Most Dangerous Game him, Vader doesn't use a lightsaber for some of it, and even then it's still a particularly low showing for Vader, even accounting for the fact he deliberately gave Tarkin every advantage.
    Last edited by Cantget; 01-13-2020 at 12:34 PM.