Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Is there a poll or something about this? Because personally I’m pretty ok with the Long Haired Beard look for Aquaman...though maybe that’s because that is how he looked in the Justice League animated series
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Is there a poll or something about this? Because personally I’m pretty ok with the Long Haired Beard look for Aquaman...though maybe that’s because that is how he looked in the Justice League animated series
    I don’t even think Aquaman appeared enough in the show to make a mention of it being used there. I’d argue PAD is why it’s as big as it is.

I don’t mind the long hair in a story arc or 2 but i get tired of it pretty quickly too. I think it’s best used when Aquamans for example been drifted out to see or been in hiding type stories than an everyday type look for the character.

I find the long hair and even the beard more regal looking.

After all, in medieval time (and in the Arthurian legend), kings had long hairs and sometimes beards. A common way to make sure a former king would never regain power was to actually cut his hair when he was usurped/deposed, at least under the Merovingian's dynasty, possibly the Carolingian's dynasty too.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I find the long hair and even the beard more regal looking.

After all, in medieval time (and in the Arthurian legend), kings had long hairs and sometimes beards. A common way to make sure a former king would never regain power was to actually cut his hair when he was usurped/deposed, at least under the Merovingian's dynasty, possibly the Carolingian's dynasty too.
    It seems like in the comics they've been using it to emphasize how he's less kingly since he only grew it out after he got ousted from the throne.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It seems like in the comics they've been using it to emphasize how he's less kingly since he only grew it out after he got ousted from the throne.
    Long hair doesn’t seem to be a thing most modern day Male Atlanteans seem to have either. Atleast outside Garth and now Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Long hair doesn’t seem to be a thing most modern day Male Atlanteans seem to have either. Atleast outside Garth and now Arthur
    And Vulko's got a long beard.

Personally I just find the beard and hair to be distinguishing. I think it really sets him apart from other characters when he is on panel.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Personally I just find the beard and hair to be distinguishing. I think it really sets him apart from other characters when he is on panel.
    I mean the orange scalemail and green pants are pretty distinguishing features on there own.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I prefer the happy medium.

Keep the long hair and beard.
    Lose the Momoa and bring back the orange scale mail, green pants and leg fins.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I prefer the happy medium.

Keep the long hair and beard.
    Lose the Momoa and bring back the orange scale mail, green pants and leg fins.
    So Sejic's Aquaman then. PAD chopped that hand off so fast I can't in good conscience refer to him as PAD's Arthur.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I say bring back the classic orange and green, and leave his beard- just give him short hair.

IT'S AN AQUABABY!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    So Sejic's Aquaman then. PAD chopped that hand off so fast I can't in good conscience refer to him as PAD's Arthur.
    Yes actually, especially since I really like Sejic’s art style.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

IT'S AN AQUABABY!
    Nobody tell Black Manta!

I kinda wish she was blonde instead of a redhead like Mera, but I guess redheads are an endangered species so...

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I say bring back the classic orange and green, and leave his beard- just give him short hair.
    Yeah, short hair with beard has somehow crept up to being my favorite look on Arthur. Even if Mera hates it.

That said, today’s issue was probably my favorite of the new run so far. It was kind of exciting to see Arthur back in Atlantis and interacting with all the characters we haven’t seen in awhile. And while KSD has given us bits and pieces I feel like this is the first real feel of what her take on Atlantis is like. The entire hospital scene was really well done, imo. And Dolphin! Sooo great to see her.

Of course Mera spoilers:
    ends up in a coma.
    end of spoilers I really don’t know what it is with DC and not letting those two have a long reunion lol. I’d have to go back and check future solicits but I feel like it doesn’t last long? All in all, yeah good issue. We’ve got a new baby!