Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    BANNED

9D1B0122-C630-4702-8B8F-48A8F775B731.jpg

I didn’t know a appropriate place to put this but I got DCAU/Timmverse vibes

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post

Shirtless and bearded Aquaman before it was Momoa's thing .

BANNED

Yeah there was no question Momoa’s version of the character was inspired by the PAD Era Aquaman

Yeah there was no question Momoa’s version of the character was inspired by the PAD Era Aquaman
    Mamoa's aquaman appears to be taking from the JLU/Peter David Aquaman and the Aquaman from Batman Brave & the Bold. at least that's what I get from Mamoa's portrayal.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Mamoa's aquaman appears to be taking from the JLU/Peter David Aquaman and the Aquaman from Batman Brave & the Bold. at least that's what I get from Mamoa's portrayal.
    There's a hefty dose of Johns' Aquaman in him, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    There's a hefty dose of Johns' Aquaman in him, too.
    iunno, characterization-wise, Johns' Aquaman has more of a chip on his shoulder than Mamoa's. maybe it's been I need to take another look, it's been a while, but I feel Johns was more of a inspiration for the plot and story beats than the character.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I laughed so hard!

He has the looks of PAD's savage Aquaman with the bombasity and fun-loving nature of Brave and the Bold Aquaman while using the costume and starring in the same stories as Johns' Aquaman.
    iunno, characterization-wise, Johns' Aquaman has more of a chip on his shoulder than Mamoa's. maybe it's been I need to take another look, it's been a while, but I feel Johns was more of a inspiration for the plot and story beats than the character.
    Momoa definitely had a chip on his shoulder though, with how resentful he was towards Atlantis and his interactions with people to some degree.

Big things in today's Aquaman.

spoilers:
    Mera reveals herself to the other Kingdoms and calls for a dissolution of all the monarchies! Orm and many of the other groups are taken aback and Orm and his crew attack Atlantis.
    end of spoilers

Honestly, considering Mera I'm actually not surprised that this is something she went for. Duty to the throne has been a constant thorn in her and Arthur's side for years. This feels like a pretty cool turning point for the Aqua-world and I'm curious to see if it sticks and what it means going forward.

From within the DC Universe, do we know how strong Aquaman is? It seems at times his strength is all over the place.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

spoilers:
    Mera reveals herself to the other Kingdoms and calls for a dissolution of all the monarchies! Orm and many of the other groups are taken aback and Orm and his crew attack Atlantis.
    end of spoilers

Honestly, considering Mera I'm actually not surprised that this is something she went for. Duty to the throne has been a constant thorn in her and Arthur's side for years. This feels like a pretty cool turning point for the Aqua-world and I'm curious to see if it sticks and what it means going forward.
    I've long thought this would be a rad move for Aquaman and Mera to make. I'm glad to see it happening (though I'm slightly bummed I didn't get to write it personally, ha ha).

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I've long thought this would be a rad move for Aquaman and Mera to make. I'm glad to see it happening (though I'm slightly bummed I didn't get to write it personally, ha ha).
    Agreed!! It's super cool to see it all coming down like this and it's hilarious that as soon as we actually spoilers:
    see the other Kingdoms of Atlantis this happens. I absolutely NEED the backstory of the The Trench Queen though. She was hilarious.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I knew Mera being made queen would bite them in the butt in the long run .

spoilers:
    It seems like every franchise centered around a Superhero royal has to eventually go down the "dissolve the monarchy" route. I get it from a societal perspective, but still.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I knew Mera being made queen would bite them in the butt in the long run .

spoilers:
    It seems like every franchise centered around a Superhero royal has to eventually go down the "dissolve the monarchy" route. I get it from a societal perspective, but still.
    end of spoilers
    That's not necessarily true. Somehow Marvel has been able to work their rather large grouping of royals.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    That's not necessarily true. Somehow Marvel has been able to work their rather large grouping of royals.
    It seems inconsistent. One minute the monarchy is deposed, the next the king's are back to being king's pretty much.