Default Do you think we'll ever see Orion fullfill his destiny and kill Darkseid?

I honestly think it'd be interesting to finally see the story of the New Gods end but I'd prefer it to be something that'd honor Kirby's work. I also wouldn't mind a twist to Orion's destiny like it being revealed he doesn't kill Darkseid directly but rather causes it. Like Darkseid learns his death is fast approaching so he does everything he can to avoid it even going as far as to kill Orion then it comes out Orion had a secret son on earth whose powers start awakening and it becomes a race against time where multiple gods are getting killed trying to capture and control the kid all the while nobody knows how the kid will or is supposed to kill Darkseid then things get worse as both Apokolips and New Genesis are destroyed in war and High Father dies but his power vanishes as does every other New God that dies like their power as a whole mysteriously vanishes after their death and it looks like Darkseid is going to win and that he's beaten his fate.

Eventually the Justice League get involved and have to protect the kid and start to notice something is up with him like he's getting stronger and he ends up going through multiple emotional trials deciding his own morality and wanting to learn more about where he comes from. I like this idea because it would be a good way to revisit the original story by Kirby. As for how it ends I can see all the New Gods but Darkseid being dead and for him to be so close to controlling everything and getting the anti life equation and so on then in the final fight he's beating down the League and his grandson shows up to stop him Darkseid thinks the boy can't do anything to him but is shocked to find he can't harm the boy at all then the boy grabs him and takes all his power rendering Darkseid mortal and powerless.

Ultimately Darkseid is confused and it's revealed he's destined to die alone and forgotten in the ruins of a world he destroyed and for the real kicker to be that if he hadn't killed Orion the end of the New Gods would never have happened. I just find this poetic for someone like Darkseid to be made powerless and mortal and doomed to die alone and be forgotten. Especially if he did terrible things to his own grandson like killing people he loved and expected him to take revenge only to be stunned when all said grandson did to him was make him mortal and powerless. Besides given how Darkseid looks down on everyone being made mortal with no powers would probably be the ultimate humiliation for him.

I like this idea because I do feel it's fitting for a new god to rise and gain the powers of both Darkseid and High Father but not being evil or good but rather becomes a supreme New God with a neutral gray morality.

My other idea is more poetic I love the idea of Darkseid being shot by a special bullet fired by Orion from the past to the future as a nice parrallel to Final Crisis. Like Darkseid kills Orion leaves him to die and in his final moments Orion picks up a special gun fires it through a time portal and in the future it hits Darkseid and the last thing he sees is Orion smirking on the other side of the portal in the end Darkseid screams in pain blows up and takes everyone on the battlefield with him and for there to be nothing left of him not even his power to pass on to another. I really like this idea because I just love the thought of Darkseid sealing his own fate and discovering it too late and have to live knowing the bullet that will kill him is coming no matter what and he's permanently locked into his fate essentially doomed to die when he's about to achieve everything he's ever wanted.

If Drax can kill Thanos, then surely Orion will get his turn and kill DS.

Orion already killed Darkseid in Final Crisis. It didn't stick. Same with Drax killing Thanos.

DC would rather have Batman or Superman do it.

BANNED

I think Orion already did it a few times no?
    He did it in The Great Darkness Saga, his own solo series,
    one of the volumes of New Gods, Death of New Gods, Countdown to Final Crisis

I would like to see Orion do so (and Darkseid to stay dead), but I don't think DC will give up the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Orion already killed Darkseid in Final Crisis. It didn't stick. Same with Drax killing Thanos.
    I can’t keep of all the Crises, but Drax killing Thanos and it not sticking was my logic for answering above. Of course Orion can fulfill his destiny and kill DS (or kill him again going by what you said) It won’t stick, but it’ll prob. make for a good story.

Darkseid will die, only to live again.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    I think Orion already did it a few times no?
    He did it in The Great Darkness Saga, his own solo series,
    one of the volumes of New Gods, Death of New Gods, Countdown to Final Crisis
    Darkseid was also "killed by Orion" in the "Mr Miracle" mini-series. (he was instrumental.... in that he was a tool)