I've been low-key following Aquaman the whole time because he's like my favorite but it hasn't been wowing me since the creative team switch. Basically I just didn't care much about Sea Gods. But this issue, hoo boy, it was rad. I love that Brad Walker and he's another guy whose art really fits Aquaman really well. I mean his Orm is a little craggy here. Depiction-wise, Ocean Master should be sexy, just dark and handsome sexy, in a way very opposite of Aquaman. Brooding, eyebrow sexy. I mean he is basically Namor, so sex appeal important. So depicting him brutish strikes me as off. But very, very small critique there.

We got an issue that's legit just a triage "too many people in the hospital", "soap opera stuff in the hospital" issue, with an argumentative family and the political players who keep screwing their lives up. A celebration of Mera even as she's in danger and out of commission. Aquaman has a little girl! Who is a premature! Who dear god I hope has playdates with Bruce & Selina's kid!

So just lovely all around.