Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
his New 52 stuff was pretty mid for me, but once Rebirth hit, Aquaman and Deathstroke were probably the two most consistent runs. the Rath arc dragged a little for me (like 1 or 2 issue too long for me) but i'd never say the run had ever been bad. I think i msy have skipped the DCYou stuff, what was so bad about it?
You can probably find articles or reviews explaining peoples grievances of it. My take away was a lot of people didn’t like how Mera was being handled. They were implying she was a villain which I don’t know if they got cold feet on because of the reaction or if it was a plot twist always meant to happen but the fan base was pretty against it.

Some people complained about Aquaman’s characterization but I didn’t see any problem with it tbh. I think there’s going to be slight differences whenever a different writer comes aboard a character. I think as long as you keep the fundamental theme of the character and what they stand for, which I thought was kept.

Overall though it was just a lot of just way too fast which I could understand why people would dislike that. Mera was being presented as a villain, Aquaman’s supporting cast was just him and an Alien named Etriax, He got additional new powers which he showcased the hell out of (I personally enjoyed the Poseidon Blessing)

To be honest I’d argue Abnett’s run contradicts more stuff that’s been established for Aquaman then Bunn’s did but it’s all in keeping the element of who the character is at the end of the day.