Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Aquaman has been well written for most of his solo series post the DCnU 52 reboot. I would love a JLI series with Aquaman as one of its members and perhaps even the leader. I also would like to see even more political interaction and drama between Atlantis and some of the other fictional nations/locations such as:

-Themyscira
    -Gorilla City
    -Feithera
    -Nanda Parbat
    -Skartaris
    -etc.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Aquaman has been well written for most of his solo series post the DCnU 52 reboot. I would love a JLI series with Aquaman as one of its members and perhaps even the leader. I also would like to see even more political interaction and drama between Atlantis and some of the other fictional nations/locations such as:

-Themyscira
    -Gorilla City
    -Feithera
    -Nanda Parbat
    -Skartaris
    -etc.
    I'd rather another AQUAMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS book that's pulp action adventure mixed with political intrigue.

Did anyone read the Deep Dives issue that DC released this week?
    It was a pretty intense fight scene with Arthur/Manta though I'm not sure if these are supposed to be in continuity or not? But I really enjoyed the magical artifacts and mention of the Mermazons!

I just ordered this Aquaman book. It looks fun!

https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...Q68U6o.twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Did anyone read the Deep Dives issue that DC released this week?
    It was a pretty intense fight scene with Arthur/Manta though I'm not sure if these are supposed to be in continuity or not? But I really enjoyed the magical artifacts and mention of the Mermazons!

It was a solid issue for a book focusing pretty much exclusively on Aquaman fighting Black Manta with a brief Mera scene (wish we could've seen more of her).

I really didn't like Aquaman's design in this though. Not sure why they didn't just use the normal scalemail look.

I loved it, I thought it was so much fun. I thought it was a one off but apparently there’s more? Anyway I’m keen. I think Orlando gets Aquaman and the art was fantastic. Can’t wait for the next one

Did another 100 giant come out this week? Is it available digitally?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I prefer the happy medium.

Keep the long hair and beard.
    Lose the Momoa and bring back the orange scale mail, green pants and leg fins.
    And this is why characters can never truly grow. There‘s always a need to “go back“ He looks fine the way he is. Story over appearance.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    And this is why characters can never truly grow. There‘s always a need to “go back“ He looks fine the way he is. Story over appearance.
    Agree to disagree .

(I mean, I'm all for a good story but I think "appearance" matters too).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Agree to disagree .

Aesthetics matter 100%.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Agree to disagree .

I mean if you read just for what they look like. Then more power to you. I won‘t argue. Story and art trumps everything for me.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    I mean if you read just for what they look like. Then more power to you. I won‘t argue. Story and art trumps everything for me.
    Part of the art is how the character looks. A lot of us argue he looks worse with long surfer hair. The most recent issue of Aquaman, if I recall, had the perfect medium where he has the slightly longer hair, rocking the classic orange shirt and still had a beard. It looked like the best of both worlds and a compromise I'm fine with as a fan of a clean-shaven, short haired Aquaman.

Hot take: I'm not super fond of Mera's current costume. I thought Reis had struck gold updating her but the new look doesn't work as well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Did another 100 giant come out this week? Is it available digitally?
    Digital reprint of stuff in the new 100-page giants. If you've been getting those, you can skip these so far. If they continue with these I may just get them digital to save space in my longbox. As much as I love the 100-page giants, I'm really only reading the stuff I haven't read before (new or stuff I missed) and they do eat up nearly 5 books of space in a longbox. On the other hand, I do really like the giants. Hmm.
    Last edited by Robanker; 04-25-2020 at 11:15 PM.

Oh okay, I got excited thinking there was new Aquaman out! Ha.

I'll probably also make the jump to just reading the new material digitally and not the giants if that's an option.

I'm to the point where I now consider 'insanely fast growing hair' is something I consider an actual power of Aquaman now. The amount of times that his hair has been cut short only for his next appearance to have a mane that should have taken 4 years to grow out is a LITTLE ridiculous.

Personally I'm an iconic Aquaman fan. Short hair, Orange shirt. all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'm to the point where I now consider 'insanely fast growing hair' is something I consider an actual power of Aquaman now. The amount of times that his hair has been cut short only for his next appearance to have a mane that should have taken 4 years to grow out is a LITTLE ridiculous.

Personally I'm an iconic Aquaman fan. Short hair, Orange shirt. all the way.
    Same here .