Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I hope they leave Aqualad out of it for now. Arthur doesn't need a sidekick in the flicks.

He has his wife to partner around with.

Plus I'd rather beef up the supporting cast like Murk, Tula, Vulko. Get into Atlantis as a whole. Maybe a little bit of the residents of Mercy Reef.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I hope they leave Aqualad out of it for now. Arthur doesn't need a sidekick in the flicks.

Plus I'd rather beef up the supporting cast like Murk, Tula, Vulko. Get into Atlantis as a whole. Maybe a little bit of the residents of Mercy Reef.
    Considering what happened with Amber Heard, getting Aqualad in there and writing Mera out seems pretty likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Considering what happened with Amber Heard, getting Aqualad in there and writing Mera out seems pretty likely.
    I doubt that. Mera is just as important as Aquaman.

If Amber Heard really can't legally continue, recast.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-22-2020 at 05:05 PM.

The director said you don't introduce Aqualad until the second film. Considering Black Manta is likely to be a central character, I can see them working in Jackson/Kaldur into the movie.

I mean, Aquaman having a sidekick is part of the mythos, so I don't see any issue with including it in the films. Sidekicks get a bum rap in the movies as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The director said you don't introduce Aqualad until the second film. Considering Black Manta is likely to be a central character, I can see them working in Jackson/Kaldur into the movie.

I mean, Aquaman having a sidekick is part of the mythos, so I don't see any issue with including it in the films. Sidekicks get a bum rap in the movies as is.
    We only just got to Atlantis and met Mera, I'd rather see their courtship and eventual marriage and a deeper look at Atlantean society. Let's see what Arthur's world looks like as AQUAMAN.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-22-2020 at 05:35 PM.

I'm ok with Amber Heard being recast to be honest, although I'm not sure who I would go with.

I would like to see Jackson/Kaldur in the next Aquaman film, especially since Black Manta is certainly returning.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm ok with Amber Heard being recast to be honest, although I'm not sure who I would go with.

I would like to see Jackson/Kaldur in the next Aquaman film, especially since Black Manta is certainly returning.
    I'd say Jessica Chastain. She looks like Mera walked off the page, and she's more age appropriate for Aquaman.

We only just got to Atlantis and met Mera, I'd rather see their courtship and eventual marriage and a deeper look at Atlantean society. Let's see what Arthur's world looks like as AQUAMAN.
    Well, the first film was basically the courtship, more or less.

They can explore Atlantean society and introduce Aqualad pretty easily in my opinion. Maybe even use him as more of a POV character in some regards.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

While I'm fine with recasting, I just don't know if they'll do it. We'll see. I'd hate to lose Mera because her actress isn't groovy.

I doubt they're going to write out Mera. Probably a recasting if it comes to it.

Arthur & Mera in Injustice 2 Aquaman gear. Art by Lan Medina.

Well, the first film was basically the courtship, more or less.

They can explore Atlantean society and introduce Aqualad pretty easily in my opinion. Maybe even use him as more of a POV character in some regards.
    I'd say the sequel should explore Arthur and Mera's relationship, and their new roles as king and queen. The epic romance works really well for these characters.
    Maybe see Aquaman at the UN, too. I think Arthur trying to address Orm's problems with pollution and climate change would be great, just without ya know- trying to sink everybody

If there's an Aqualad I'd hope it'd be a minor role.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-23-2020 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pandesal View Post
    Arthur & Mera in Injustice 2 Aquaman gear. Art by Lan Medina.

I don't really like the look for Mera.

As an side, I think she's guaranteed for Injustice 3.
    I'd say the sequel should explore Arthur and Mera's relationship, and their new roles as king and queen. The epic romance works really well for these characters.
    Maybe see Aquaman at the UN, too. I think Arthur trying to address Orm's problems with pollution and climate change would be great, just without ya know- trying to sink everybody

If there's an Aqualad I'd hope it'd be a minor role.
    I think we'll have a few ongoing plotlins in the film, with the main thrust being dealing with Black Manta's vendetta against Arthur and building up to Aqualad.

I doubt they're going to write out Mera. Probably a recasting if it comes to it.
    funny, i didn't notice that rachel was recasted from batman begins to dark knight.... maybe a mera recasting wouldn't be too big a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    funny, i didn't notice that rachel was recasted from batman begins to dark knight.... maybe a mera recasting wouldn't be too big a deal.
    You didn't notice that Katie Holmes morphed into Maggie Gyllenhaal? Kidding aside, I would be fine with the Mera recasting if they replace her with a better actress just like what they did for The Dark Knight Trilogy.