Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I won’t lie I was sad the Poseidon Blessing left with Bunn when his run ended. I won’t say I agreed with the direction but I definitely don’t think it was as bad as some claim. I think the start of the premise is what hurt Bunn more than anything. Shouldn’t have ever put the idea of Mera turning on Arthur as a eye raiser. If anything she should of been on the run with him and Xebel overtook Atlantis during the chaos.
    I would have liked to see the refugee crisis from Bunn's run be addressed again. Aquaman dealing with the population of Atlantis doubling would have been interesting.

Maybe could have lead to an expansion of Atlantis, itself.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-29-2020 at 03:04 PM.

I remember way back when Aquaman was fighting Poison Ivy. She wrapped him in vines and he easily snapped them. Making a reference to the Fact that withstanding the pressures of the deep makes his muscles super strong on land. After that I had respect for him. If he landed a haymaker on her they would still be looking for her head today. That is far from laughable. Namor talks to fish too but he can throw down with the best of them. Aquaman should be able to also. A good writer can make anyone respectable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I would have liked to see the refugee crisis from Bunn's run be addressed again. Aquaman dealing with the population of Atlantis doubling would have been interesting.

Maybe could have lead to an expansion of Atlantis, itself.
    Yeah that’s probably the biggest issue I have with the conclusion of the run or the follow up by Abnett that Etriax and the people of Thule weren’t ever shown again and we have no idea where they’re at. The idea of more Atlanteans but Atlanteans who are surface dwelling had/has a lot of story potential not to mention we could get a different view point on the mythos given Thule went its own way. So they might have different gods, beliefs, religion, science etc

Is Atlanna and her people still alive...?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Atlanna and her people still alive...?
    Nobody knows. If she's not referenced in the next run, I'm going to assume everyone at DC forgot that story. Which is a shame. It was rad.

BANNED

I feel like Atlanna’s been referenced sometime in some issue with Orm. But I could be wrong. The arc with Atlanna atleast got better closure than with the people of Thule. Though Atlanna obviously is more important lore wise. I’d say given the fact they haven’t suggested or implied Arthur’s mom to be dead that’s a good start ontop of the fact she’s alive in the movies as well.

Given how the Kingdoms of Atlantis were introduced who knows what’s cannon though.. because that was way different than what we got implied by Johns

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Nobody knows. If she's not referenced in the next run, I'm going to assume everyone at DC forgot that story. Which is a shame. It was rad.
    Man, that story was so dope.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Man, that story was so dope.
    Right? I wish it would get adapted so more eyes could see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Right? I wish it would get adapted so more eyes could see it.
    How'd you like to see it done? I'd love seeing all the Gorilla City stuff and that update on the Fire Trolls. I think you could have a lot of fun with how Pacifica is depicted in an adaptation.

BANNED

A79DA901-1B26-41F9-B7F7-994E3EA8B35F.jpg
    E39BD286-3F16-430C-ADCC-C21B9ECB6526.jpg

that Erin/Tommy stuff is really hitting home reading this

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    A79DA901-1B26-41F9-B7F7-994E3EA8B35F.jpg
    E39BD286-3F16-430C-ADCC-C21B9ECB6526.jpg

that Erin/Tommy stuff is really hitting home reading this
    Oh man, that hits real hard.

If Jackson consistently knows where Black Manta is, why isn't Aquaman ever told?

#62 was pretty bad. Very jarring in the middle of another great storyline.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 09-12-2020 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I remember way back when Aquaman was fighting Poison Ivy. She wrapped him in vines and he easily snapped them. Making a reference to the Fact that withstanding the pressures of the deep makes his muscles super strong on land. After that I had respect for him. If he landed a haymaker on her they would still be looking for her head today. That is far from laughable. Namor talks to fish too but he can throw down with the best of them. Aquaman should be able to also. A good writer can make anyone respectable.
    But that is just it. In the books he has always been awesome. Whether we are looking at Time and Tide, the PAD run, Larsen's run, Jurgens' run, Waid and Joe Kelly's underappreciated JLA run, or the more try hard Johns stuff (his making Aquaman seem like he was constantly being underappreciated by the populace was WEIRD)

1966-67

The Aqua-Sword ?

I'd never swap out his Trident, I thought the pirate harpoon hand was 90s desperatextreme, and later Busiek had him with the sword in- The Sword of Atlantis.

Although I could see maybe having both Trident and a Sword, ....
    Looking at the silly but charming Swordfish-Sword, which was included in the Ideal Cap. Action, and other merch. visuals of the time.
    I'm wondering was there any precedence for this Swordfish-Sword in the comics?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-24-2020 at 02:49 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

The Aqua-Sword ?

I'd never swap out his Trident, I thought the pirate harpoon hand was 90s desperatextreme, and later Busiek had him with the sword in the Sword of Atlantis.
    Although I could see maybe having both Trident and a Sword, ....
    Looking at the silly but charming Swordfish-Sword, which was included in the Ideal Cap. Action, and other merch. visuals of the time.
    I'm wondering was there any precedence for this Swordfish-Sword in the comics?
    Thanks!
    Makes this all the more cooler to me now.

D057E420-AA19-4BD0-B03D-87FDD3C32FF7.jpg

Can also become a spear
    5101E1FB-47E0-4EC3-B615-7E6E089B263B.jpg