Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I will fight against shirtless and bearded comic Aquaman until the bitter end .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I will fight against shirtless and bearded comic Aquaman until the bitter end .

We'll need a fourth for this quartet, boys. Anyone know of one?

I volunteer as tribute haha

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm all for the orange shirt, but don't mind if Arthur has a beard or not.
    Now, don't get me started on his new tattoos....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Been so long since I’ve seen Aquaman in his classic look!
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.com...lk-babies/amp/
    Oh it's a flashback story. Got excited for a moment.

BANNED

I feel like with destroying Aquaman’s original trident The Others no longer serve a role in Aquaman’s ongoing mythos. The trident was kind of his connection to them and how they kept in contact with Aquaman. I liked the idea of keeping The Others as something that sticks with New52 Aquaman since we probably won’t really ever see them again in main continuity

Aquaman animated series coming to HBOMax from James Wan!

The series begins with Aquaman’s first day on the job as king of Atlantis and he’s got a LOT of catching up to do. Luckily, he has his two royal advisors to back him up -- Vulko, the scholar, and Mera, the water controlling warrior-princess. Between dealing with unscrupulous surface dwellers, elder evils from beyond time and his own half-brother who wants to overthrow him, Aquaman is going to have to rise to the challenge and prove to his subjects, and to himself, that he’s the right man for the trident!

https://www.cbr.com/aquaman-animated...mpression=true

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

I’m all for more Aquaman content.

Not expecting to enjoy this though for 2 reasons

1.) I feel like it’s going to be Aquamoa whereas I feel like they could of pushed more of the classic take on the character but oh well

2.) It comes off like it’s geared towards little children. I’m hoping I’m wrong but I honestly think it’s best to have a more serious scripted show, with dialogue that kids adapt to rather then that’s geared to them.

I have cousins at 4/5/6 who were watching cartoons like Ben 10, Avatar TLA stuff that doesn’t really dumb down the dialogue for children yet they enjoyed it. They might not understand everything being said or some of the plot points but I think it challenges them to grow while watching these cartoons. It also makes them bearable for adults to watch as well

Nonetheless I’ll probably check it out

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I’m all for more Aquaman content.

Not expecting to enjoy this though for 2 reasons

1.) I feel like it’s going to be Aquamoa whereas I feel like they could of pushed more of the classic take on the character but oh well

2.) It comes off like it’s geared towards little children. I’m hoping I’m wrong but I honestly think it’s best to have a more serious scripted show, with dialogue that kids adapt to rather then that’s geared to them.

I have cousins at 4/5/6 who were watching cartoons like Ben 10, Avatar TLA stuff that doesn’t really dumb down the dialogue for children yet they enjoyed it. They might not understand everything being said or some of the plot points but I think it challenges them to grow while watching these cartoons. It also makes them bearable for adults to watch as well

Nonetheless I’ll probably check it out
    What makes you think it's for children, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

...What? Where did this come from !

It sounds like it's going to continuing off from the movie, but I wonder how much of this is going to be based on the movie or it's own take.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    What makes you think it's for children, exactly?
    The whole summary reads as a children’s book to me. Could be the use of awful puns, that gives me that feeling. I could be wrong though and I hope I am.

It seems like it's aimed at kids but I wouldn't use that against it until we see how they approach the material.

BANNED

It worries me cause aimed at kids nowadays is way different then when I was a kid lol. I could probably watch a lot of the cartoons and anime I grew up watching today at this age. Idk about nowadays though. I’ll give it a shot though before I decide whether I hate or love it

It's being produced by James Wan, plus it's an HBO Max original which tells me it might be aimed at an older/general audience.

BANNED

“ThunderCats Roar!'s Victor Courtright and Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Marly Halpern-Graser are attached as showrunners and executive producers.”

I guess finding out what this stuff is might give an idea on what to expect.