Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I like it more than the 90s one.

BANNED

Yeah PAD one of the best Aquaman pensmen to ever write the character. But I don’t get why Aquaman ever needed a hookhand. That’s some elseworld type stuff. Honestly screams more pirate then underwater Sea King

Or pirate undersea king which is such a cool concept. I love the hook hand but obviously I also get that everyone has different opinions

BANNED

Still don’t get it personally but yeah to each their own.

I liked it on Earth 3. Sea King as kind of a reference to the fact it was a big era for the character. Never been fond of it though as well as understood why a king of the most advanced nation on the planet that also is one of the biggest magic areas on the planet wouldn’t have had a better alternative then a hook. The cybernetic hand made more sense, I wasn’t fond of that either though.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Those covers don't really do it for me. Honestly, the tattoo and bearded look just makes me think "generic numetal drummer," but perhaps I'm jaded.

BANNED

I like it, I feel like they were going for a Shark, Oceanic man type look. That’s what I see when looking at his eyes in the cover a Shark. He looks like a oceanic deity

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Those covers don't really do it for me. Honestly, the tattoo and bearded look just makes me think "generic numetal drummer," but perhaps I'm jaded.
    Yeah, it's hard for me to take shirtless Aquaman seriously on that cover.

You'd think a duel to the death with his brother in full regalia would be enough to convince Aquaman to put the scalemail back on.

BANNED

Aquamoa... I mean Aquaman is too strongman for that lol

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Aquamoa... I mean Aquaman is too strongman for that lol
    Unfortunately, this is true .

It's no secret that I'm all for the tattoos and the more casual bearded adventurer Aquaman but I'm not sure why he wouldn't be in his Aquaman scalemail while fighting with the Justice League or when facing Orm; then again, covers usually take some creative license with the events of the issue.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Weird thing is I don’t think Arthur’s new look carried over to the JL title until the April solicitation? I could be wrong though I generally miss things lol.

I don’t like the tattoos. Theyre lying if they say the movie didn’t influence them lol. I won’t like them unless they actually do something or actually serve a purpose outside movie synergy. No they don’t connect him to the ocean either. He’s always been connected to the ocean. What kind of Gods gift you body art anyways.. Thor gets a hammer that channels storm control, Wonder Woman has a birthright to an armory full of god tier weapons and Aquaman gets drawings on his skins. Someone definitely gave him the shortend of the stick

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

And the official press release from WB. https://pressroom.warnermediagroup.c...-king-atlantis

Looks like it’s only 3 parts.
    I'm sorry but that's an awful font. I mean I know it's supposed to be Atlantis but besides the A and I but it's barely readable as letters.

BANNED

Even if you look at mythology Achilles was made impervious to harm for the most part. The Poseidon Blessing was a better gift from a god that typically doesn’t even like Aquaman

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Weird thing is I don’t think Arthur’s new look carried over to the JL title until the April solicitation? I could be wrong though I generally miss things lol.

I don’t like the tattoos. Theyre lying if they say the movie didn’t influence them lol. I won’t like them unless they actually do something or actually serve a purpose outside movie synergy. No they don’t connect him to the ocean either. He’s always been connected to the ocean. What kind of Gods gift you body art anyways.. Thor gets a hammer that channels storm control, Wonder Woman has a birthright to an armory full of god tier weapons and Aquaman gets drawings on his skins. Someone definitely gave him the shortend of the stick
    I don't like the tattoos because they're blatantly obvious movie synergy and miss the point of it being a part of Momoa's heritage that comic Arthur just doesn't fit with.

BANNED

Definitely a great reason to dislike them.

Overall I just don’t like that they don’t serve a purpose. I don’t write blogs but I want to make one on how it’s probably the bottom bin of gift from the Gods a character has ever gotten in fiction.

What makes it worse these 6 or so gods came together when giving Aquaman this gift, like they gave him something worthwhile. It’s like 3 of your aunt and uncles saying they came together to buy you a single sweater for your birthday. Grandad Poseidon who past away having bought you a car last year.

Overall yeah it has nothing to do with the character though. I had a discussion on another site with someone and they said they should of used King Shark as the gateway for introducing the Polynesian Gods. That way it would be using what’s already in Aquaman’s mythos and expanding further with it. Heck I think it would of been awesome and especially worked given the last arc with Rath, King Shark/Nanue played a big role in.

F6A992FA-4023-4EB8-8CB3-007F4B270F91.jpg
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 01-17-2020 at 09:37 PM.