Default The Best of the Decade - 1950 through 1959

What are your favorite DC stories of the 1950's?

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    What are your favorite DC stories of the 1950's?
    Here I go:

1. 1940-52 - The Spirit Archives by Will Eisner - Yes from the one of the awards - 26 vol.

What would you say is the best non-Superman or Batman stuff from the first half of the decade?

What would you say is the best non-Superman or Batman stuff from the first half of the decade?
    Maybe Flash Comics, Blue Beatle or Whiz Comics.

It's not my favorite era. The Bizarro stories are a lot of fun. I think things at least got more crazy and experimental in the sixties. The fifties really suffered from backlash from the anti comics movement.

Retired

From the first half of the decade--Johnny Thunder in ALL-AMERICAN WESTERN (Alex Toth art); Captain Comet in STRANGE ADVENTURES; THE ADVENTURES OF REX THE WONDER DOG (Gil Kane art), with Detective Chimp back-up (Infantino art); THE ADVENTURES OF DEAN MARTIN AND JERRY LEWIS; THE ADVENTURES OF BOB HOPE; PETER PANDA; CONGO BILL (Nick Cardy art); LEAVE IT TO BINKY.

From the second half of the decade--Viking Prince in THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD (Joe Kubert art); SUGAR AND SPIKE (by Sheldon Mayer); SHOWCASE; SERGEANT BILKO (Bob Oksner art); Aquaman in ADVENTURE COMICS (Ramona Fradon art); BLACKHAWK; Space Cabbie in MYSTERY IN SPACE; PAT BOONE (by Bob Oksner); THE ADVENTURES OF JERRY LEWIS; TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED; G.I. COMBAT.