Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

I am not posting this to bash Jurnee or even express my desire for Katheryn to play Dinah- I am only posting this because it is fan art I created and wanted to share it with other Black Canary fans. Please don't take this out of context and think that I am in any way trying to undermine what another actress has done with the character.

I feel stupid having to post such a disclaimer but I just want my intentions to be absolutely clear.
    That is really good!!! You should not feel apologetic at all, your a comic fan and that is how she authentically looks in the comics. I wouldn't worry about the movie, its a bomb and will be forgotten in a few years. The movies should mirror the comic characters not the other way around.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Cool page from Adventure Comics #418 (April, 1972). Art by Alex Toth:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

It's a shame that story didn't lead to an ongoing backup series. This particular story was included in the Black Canary Archives that was released 10 or more years ago -- very recommended volume!

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

Alex Toth, I think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Alex Toth, I think ?
    The OP literally said that it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    The OP literally said that it was.
    Oops! I was distracted by the art .

Black Canary by Otto Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Black Canary by Otto Schmidt
    Black Canary in her classic and Post-Crisis duds! Schmidt knows how to draw Dinah, and he does a spectacular rendition of her old costumes .

Black Canary made number 7 on Mr Top Ten List's "Top Ten Judo Fighting Game Characters". @4:08

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Black Canary made number 7 on Mr Top Ten List's "Top Ten Judo Fighting Game Characters". @4:08

As she should...thanks Injustice II .

Making my way through “Birds of Prey...and the Fantabulous Emancipation of one Harley Quinn” and Jurnee Smolett-Bell as Black Canary is the best of the protagonists. I do agree she wasn’t as well served by the costuming department a she could have been, however this is a version of the character that I would spend more time watching. More so than any other live action interpretation thus far.

Spoilers....

Black Canary through the years by Otto Schmidt:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Black Canary in her classic and Post-Crisis duds! Schmidt knows how to draw Dinah, and he does a spectacular rendition of her old costumes .
    I love his Canary. If Dinah ever gets a book again, I want this guy drawing it.

By the way, that group shot of all her costumes, what's the black and red thing from? I don't think I've ever seen that before.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    By the way, that group shot of all her costumes, what's the black and red thing from? I don't think I've ever seen that before.
    It's her Future's End costume:

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Making my way through “Birds of Prey...and the Fantabulous Emancipation of one Harley Quinn” and Jurnee Smolett-Bell as Black Canary is the best of the protagonists. I do agree she wasn’t as well served by the costuming department a she could have been, however this is a version of the character that I would spend more time watching. More so than any other live action interpretation thus far.

Spoilers....

Couldn't agree MORE! Though she needs to be fleshed out more this is the most accurate version of the character that most closely resembles her comic book counterpart that had been put on film.
    She's fierce, goofy, loyal, protective and yes, I think she looks like the comic book character as well. I hope and pray we get more of her on the big screen