Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Black Canary Appreciation Thread 2020

spoilers:
    Looks like we may not have to worry about Dinah being depowered for the movie
    end of spoilers

Happy New Year to the martial arts siren of the DCU!.

I decided to cement my love for Dinah with a tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

Great choice in tattoos .

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

That’s AMAZING!

https://www.cbr.com/birds-of-prey-si...k-canary-film/

Gail Simone wants to write a Black Canary solo film.

Jurnee Smollett talks about using the Injustice games to influence her physical performance.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/black-canary...y-t-1841204899

I read some other interview where she was talking about living up to legacy or something. Wonder if that means there was another Black Canary (her mom?) Dare we hope for even a glimpse of a comics-accurate, fishnetted BC cameo?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Jurnee Smollett talks about using the Injustice games to influence her physical performance.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/black-canary...y-t-1841204899
    That's cool. Injustice had a great take on Dinah's fighting style .
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I read some other interview where she was talking about living up to legacy or something. Wonder if that means there was another Black Canary (her mom?) Dare we hope for even a glimpse of a comics-accurate, fishnetted BC cameo?
    I've seen some murmurings to that extent (not necessarily about the comic-accurate costume, but about her being a legacy hero).

Looks like after Static the next Deathbattle fighter from DC is none other then Black Canary, versus Sindel from Mortal Kombat apparently.

For those who may not know what that is, it is an internet show where they take two characters run down their abilities, weapons, what they have survived damage wise, and some character history and then see who wins in a fight to the death. Apparently they have picked Black Canary for the next fight, so there is the chance she wins but there is also the chance she dies unfortunately if Sindel has stronger feats and abilities.

DA300E69-E467-4517-B29C-D1C216904222.jpg
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-26-2020 at 11:53 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Loved her in the Justice League cartoon probably the first time I was introduced to Black Canary. She was great in Young Justice too

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Looks like after Static the next Deathbattle fighter from DC is none other then Black Canary, versus Sindel from Mortal Kombat apparently.

For those who may not know what that is, it is an internet show where they take two characters run down their abilities, weapons, what they have survived damage wise, and some character history and then see who wins in a fight to the death. Apparently they have picked Black Canary for the next fight, so there is the chance she wins but there is also the chance she dies unfortunately if Sindel has stronger feats and abilities.

DA300E69-E467-4517-B29C-D1C216904222.jpg
    I love Dinah, but isn't Sindel like a demigoddess or something? I don't think she has anything to match that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love Dinah, but isn't Sindel like a demigoddess or something? I don't think she has anything to match that.
    You'd be amazed what can come out of a Deathbattle. Static got his arm cut off and reattached it and Hal Jordan traveled back in time to the beginning of the fight to beat Ben10 after he had already used will to stop himself being universally erased. As far as I am aware Dinah might have some crazy ridiculous feat that she can make use of. Also if I recall Sindel in MK9 did die and become a zombie, so hey maybe Dinah has a chance, though I won't raise too many hopes.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

https://www.themarysue.com/jurnee-sm...anary-to-life/

Jurnee Smollett-Bell Talks Bringing Black Canary to Life and Who She’d Like to See the Birds of Prey Go up Against Next