Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

The Dinah Drake Black Canary fighting in Comic Cavalcade #25 (February, 1948). Art by Carmine Infantino.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    The Dinah Drake Black Canary fighting in Comic Cavalcade #25 (February, 1948). Art by Carmine Infantino.

Could Canary really control birds!? I've never seen that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    I did prefer the boy short version to the thong.
    Attachment 96240

I prefer the bare leg with fishnets to the tights with fishnets, but either way is fine.
    There was no thong in the 1970s. I liked that - better butt coverage than the boy shorts, IMO. I really don't like half the butt showing - not the target audience, but it's just not a good look to me. Her more recent look is fine to me when the shorts are long enough to cover. I'm fine with bare legs (have even defended them for some of the guys). Leotard look for women in general is an accepted genre convention to me, too. Just so long as it covers a woman's butt and her breasts aren't falling out (still, not like Canary has ever ended up with anything as extreme as Starfire often does). Leg coverage is perfectly acceptable for Canary for me, too - not the look she had in early post-COIE, but pants in general.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    There was no thong in the 1970s. I liked that - better butt coverage than the boy shorts, IMO. I really don't like half the butt showing - not the target audience, but it's just not a good look to me. Her more recent look is fine to me when the shorts are long enough to cover. I'm fine with bare legs (have even defended them for some of the guys). Leotard look for women in general is an accepted genre convention to me, too. Just so long as it covers a woman's butt and her breasts aren't falling out (still, not like Canary has ever ended up with anything as extreme as Starfire often does). Leg coverage is perfectly acceptable for Canary for me, too - not the look she had in early post-COIE, but pants in general.
    I was talking about the thong in the Benes/JLA era.
    And yeah, I'm not the target audience either, I just like the way the boy shorts look.

Dinah needs her own Ongoing she's an Icon in the DC universe and she derserves to be treated a lil better than what's she's gotten over the years.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Dinah needs her own Ongoing she's an Icon in the DC universe and she derserves to be treated a lil better than what's she's gotten over the years.
    Seconded!!!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Could Canary really control birds!? I've never seen that before.
    She had the talent of training canaries to do various actions like sending warnings and such.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    She had the talent of training canaries to do various actions like sending warnings and such.
    Interesting concept...

'Course this was before the Canary Cry so she's probably outgrown having avian helpers.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyButterfly View Post
    Not the same person, but I do agree with them. Okay, the sweetheart-neckline bustier and high pirate boots are probably a little bit dated (even though I love them), but her Ed Benes BoP/Justice League look was very, very good. Her Rebirth look was cool at the very beginning but now it suffers the same issue that Burnside Babs suffered from, it looks too casual for a superheroine of their caliber. Especially Dinah, she was in the freaking Justice League, practically leading it, whilst wearing jorts.

Attachment 96230
    This is pretty much my ideal Canary costume aside from the classic look.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is pretty much my ideal Canary costume aside from the classic look.
    I do like just a hint of yellow in the accents so you get the Black and the Canary represented in the costume.

I do like just a hint of yellow in the accents so you get the Black and the Canary represented in the costume.
    I think yellow works well on her gloves (if she's wearing any) plus she's got blonde hair so there's always that .

I do like that the Rebirth has a Canary design on the back of the jacket.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think yellow works well on her gloves (if she's wearing any) plus she's got blonde hair so there's always that .

I do like that the Rebirth has a Canary design on the back of the jacket.
    That's true about the hair.
    Personally never been crazy about the Canary design on the jacket.

That's true about the hair.
    Personally never been crazy about the Canary design on the jacket.
    I think it looks good, but I guess a cleaner design has it's perks.

Fantastic Member

Other than maybe the 3rd one, solely because of the yellow accents, I have no idea why Jurnee's Black Canary look would be considered any less comics accurate than the others, and in some ways it's more accurate.IMG_20200503_171610.jpg