Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Since a sense of history is returning to DC and we know this is Dinah Laurel Lance....please reinstate her as a legacy character.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Since a sense of history is returning to DC and we know this is Dinah Laurel Lance....please reinstate her as a legacy character.
    RIGHT? I miss her mom.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Super-psyched to see her in the new lineup! Glad to see her wearing her symbol like a proper superhero!
    That's one thing I like about the new costume, although it being on her jacket worked well enough for the Rebirth design.
    They're bringing the JSA back, so they might as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    RIGHT? I miss her mom.
    Though DC may want to tweak that relationship and make the two "aunt" and "niece".
    Allows more room for age differences, since an "aunt" could actually be a great-aunt, etc. (I had an "Aunt Loretta" when I was a kid, but she was really a great-aunt since she was my grandmother's sister.)

Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Though DC may want to tweak that relationship and make the two "aunt" and "niece".
    Allows more room for age differences, since an "aunt" could actually be a great-aunt, etc. (I had an "Aunt Loretta" when I was a kid, but she was really a great-aunt since she was my grandmother's sister.)
    No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    No thanks.
    So, you prefer that a woman possibly born in the mid-to-late 1920s be the mother of a woman in her maybe +/-mid-twenties in the present day?
    Then you have to explain when the mother gave birth to the daughter and find an explanation for why the daughter is still somewhat young that isn't more convoluted / laughable than even typical comic book reasoning.

I'd just make Dinah from the JSA the grandmother or great grandmother to Dinah from the JLA.

That's my headcanon for the DCEU take on Dinah.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-20-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So, you prefer that a woman possibly born in the mid-to-late 1920s be the mother of a woman in her maybe +/-mid-twenties in the present day?
    Then you have to explain when the mother gave birth to the daughter and find an explanation for why the daughter is still somewhat young that isn't more convoluted / laughable than even typical comic book reasoning.
    Uhh... Ragnarok!

She may have to be Dinah's grandmother, I guess.

It's comics man, there are tons of plausible explanations they could come up with. Maybe the JSA were trapped in another dimension. Maybe they got thrown forward in time. Maybe it's Maybelline.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's comics man, there are tons of plausible explanations they could come up with. Maybe the JSA were trapped in another dimension. Maybe they got thrown forward in time. Maybe it's Maybelline.
    It's one thing to come up with multiple explanations for why Golden Age Black Canary would be younger than she should be. But when you throw in a birth-daughter, you have to establish when she was born; who the father was; when did all of that happen; etc.
    If Dinah the daughter is the daughter of Golden Age Black Canary and Golden Age Larry Lance, was Larry also removed from regular aging/continuity in order for Dinah to be born so recently, or was the younger Black Canary born and then also removed from regular aging/continuity after that, or . . .

It's one thing to come up with multiple explanations for why Golden Age Black Canary would be younger than she should be. But when you throw in a birth-daughter, you have to establish when she was born; who the father was; when did all of that happen; etc.
    If Dinah the daughter is the daughter of Golden Age Black Canary and Golden Age Larry Lance, was Larry also removed from regular aging/continuity in order for Dinah to be born so recently, or was the younger Black Canary born and then also removed from regular aging/continuity after that, or . . .
    I don't think they'll have such strict timing as far as dating concerned. They'll probably be more focused on the story potential and just explaining to some extent.

Why are you ignoring all the explanations Frontier and Robanker posted?

If we assume that Ragnarok is the reason for the JSA being around i.e: the JSA was trapped in another dimension since 1955 and while for them it was something like 3 months, 70 years had passed in the real world, it opens up several possible routes for explanation: either Dinah and Larry were both trapped in there with baby Dinah (which works if you want to preserve Joan, Molly and other love interests) or Dinah met Larry after she came back from the dimension and Superman showed up by the time baby Dinah was an adult or it was Dinah Laurel Lance who was trapped in the dimension from the beginning after taking the mantle in the 1950's after her mother and when the JSA escaped Ragnarok it was during a period where Superman and all the others were already operating.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    RIGHT? I miss her mom.
    You mean, Ms Drake...

injustice: year zero #11

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd just make Dinah from the JSA the grandmother or great grandmother to Dinah from the JLA.

That's my headcanon for the DCEU take on Dinah.
    I like just one Dinah, though I'm in comics-verse, not DCEU. And she can timeslide like the rest. Tying her to a 1940s-era heroine just means adding a new generation in every 20-40 years. It was kicking the can down the road the first time they did it, and they already had enough long-time readers that they should have at least had the expectation the character would last long enough to make the story less than feasible.

It's comics man, there are tons of plausible explanations they could come up with.
    OK then, but it should be explained as canon, to be in canon...thats all people asking.

Why are you ignoring all the explanations Frontier and Robanker posted?
    Are the explanations canon though?