Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Gave up after HickXmen#1 - have these books gotten any better?

Seem like Xforce was the most promising.

You can always check the review threads to see people’s thoughts on those issues.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    Seem like Xforce was the most promising.
    You gave up after the first issue???

BANNED

No, keep not reading.

BANNED

Trust me, stick with X-Force, it hasn't improved.

X-Men is still the same mess of ego stroking combined with stiff, emotionless dialogue except when it comes to Magneto or Apocalypse. Xavier's kind of a 'take it or leave it' depending on if you take him at his word or not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    You gave up after the first issue???
    I don't blame 'em!

It seems like the majority like it, a very vocal minority doesn't, and you're probably best served by checking it out yourself to see if anything has changed to more to your taste.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I stopped reading Excalibur after issue 1, not my thing

Marauders is good but mainly in terms of POTENTIAL. Yet to truly actualize....

XForce is beloved on here but IMO it's only solid+ and not actually great

XMen is amazing, funky, creative, wacky. What's not to love? It's setting things up so far more than a coherent episodic storyline.

Fallen Angels... is hated by most fans. And will end after issue 6. But I enjoy the vibes/themes/atmosphere. Kwannon/NuCable/X23 are a good team and I actually enjoy this take on Laura Kinney.

Hellions which will be a "villain squad" led by Mr Sinister (also starring Havok and Kwannon) is coming. So is a Cable solo (with some youngsters making guest appearances).

A book about Moira's Lives is coming.

Giant-Size X-Men #1 will be Jean + Emma, #2 Magneto. (+ Lorna...?). So that is kind of okish maybe.

4X is coming (XMen and Fantastic Four limited series of 4 issues, where the mutants try to persuade Franklin Richards to join them on Krakoa. My guess is the presence of Dr Doom disrupts whatever tensions arise, and who knows where Franklin goes in the end)

Rumors about an "X-Corp." series, but no concrete info as of yet.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

X-men for and away has been the worst title so no it hasn’t gotten better. It’s actually the first DOX title to get canned by me. Still can’t believe the same guy who shocked the comic book industry with HOX is writing X-men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    X-men for and away has been the worst title so no it hasn’t gotten better. It’s actually the first DOX title to get canned by me. Still can’t believe the same guy who shocked the comic book industry with HOX is writing X-men.
    Hey, writers aren't gods and past successes don't guarantee the same for the future. I mean, look at Claremont's classic work to his modern!

BANNED

I wish everyone being so negative would follow OPs example and stop reading stuff they just have no enjoyment for. Love and light darlings.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I wish everyone being so negative would follow OPs example and stop reading stuff they just have no enjoyment for. Love and light darlings.
    They asked for an opinion and we gave it?

Doesn't help us when you don't tell us WHY you disliked it. For me personally it feels like there is at least one book for everyone, and that book is better than anything X-related they've done in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Hey, writers aren't gods and past successes don't guarantee the same for the future. I mean, look at Claremont's classic work to his modern!
    I completely agree with the Claremont comparison. However it’s a bit more apparent and strange with Hickman. Stands out a bit more...it’s literally write a classic one month and the very next month essentially continue the same series, yet it’s absolutely awful.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I mean his New Mutants has been fantastic and X-Men #4 has been praised to hell and back. And issue #1 was pretty good with the 2 following issues being somewhat lackluster. But I understand not wanting to stick with the book. X-Men is more focused on set up and world building rather than being the book that's driving the plot.