Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I like his worldbuilding stuff a LOT. I mean seriously, he is the Grant Morrison or Geoff Johns of Marvel. I get that people are underrating his stuff because of their faves but they should at least appreciate of what he does in X-Men tbh.
    I like how he voices Magneto(though I was kinda of little annoyed of what he said on 4th issue) to be more fair. Hadn't read New Mutants stuff yet. I will buy the trades once it comes out.
    Last edited by Vishop_; 01-09-2020 at 12:42 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They're all still gawd-awful trash. Every single one has deteriorated from the first issue in terms of writing, plotting, pacing, and art. Don't waste your time or money.
    Take it from me, you will be better off reading Betty and Veronica.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I wish everyone being so negative would follow OPs example and stop reading stuff they just have no enjoyment for. Love and light darlings.
    Nah, they should keep hate reading so that Marvel see the sales figures and hire Hickman for a million years.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean his New Mutants has been fantastic and X-Men #4 has been praised to hell and back. And issue #1 was pretty good with the 2 following issues being somewhat lackluster. But I understand not wanting to stick with the book. X-Men is more focused on set up and world building rather than being the book that's driving the plot.
    I dropped it after 3 so never read 4.

I actually thought issue 1 was bad with each subsequent issue being worst. The reviews for X-men are pretty mixed. I Know it’s far from all bad because it’s getting rave reviews on sites. Honestly it’s only here that I’ve really seen extensive complaining about the title. My opinion goes more in line with those negative reviews though. However I do know that the title is really loved by a lot of people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Nah, they should keep hate reading so that Marvel see the sales figures and hire Hickman for a million years.
    You assume we aren't all just sharing one copy?

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I wasn't a huge fan of X-Men #1-3 but I enjoyed Issue #4.

As for the X-Books, I have to vote X-Force as the best so far. Strong start, but not sure how it can keep up with the kind of pacing its going through

The X-Men needed a long over-due change, and I think this is good for them overall, but my last favorite era was Gillen's

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    You assume we aren't all just sharing one copy?
    You’re all living together and no-one invited me?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    You’re all living together and no-one invited me?
    Yeah, you wouldn't like it here. We wouldn't agree.

Some good moments, but nothing crazy.

BANNED

Me sharing an appartment with **********, ************* and *************:

X-Force: Best title in the line. It started great and has continued to be so.

Marauders: This title is solid. Art is very good and there is some great humor.

New Mutants: The space faring part by Hickman is top notch and often hilarious. The Glob and Armor story was pretty meh.

Excalibur: Started off very strong but is slowly going down hill. The plot is very interesting but the dialogue drags down some issues.

Fallen Angels: Not great, first issue showed promise but it has failed to deliver.

X-Men: Personally I think this book has improved every issue. I had very high expectations coming out of HoX/PoX and I’d be lying if I said issue 1 lived up to the hype, it just didn’t. I do think it has improved the most since launch and that includes X-Force. X-Force is still the best title but X-Men is getting closer.

Hope this helps!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I assume eventually the plot threads that have been presented in main title will turn into a more straightforward narrative. Like other people have mentioned, Hickman's Avengers run also started with a cououple of set-up stories.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    Seem like Xforce was the most promising.
    X-Men: quality varies per issue

Excalibur: same problem as X-Men cuz the author needs to streamline the team's motivations.

Marauders: opposite problem from Excaibur if you're biased twoards certain characters it'll affect how you like the book.

X-Force: fukken beautiful

Fallen Angels: opposite of X-Force

New Mutants: divisive reviews from what I've seen on the board. People like the Hickman portion with the original characters but the other concurrent storyline is getting roasted.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

X-Force is darn near excellent. Marauders is good. New Mutants is ok, but maybe not a gotta-read. Fallen Angels had promise but nah. I don't know what Excalibur is supposed to be about, but I'm not super into it, though I need to read the latest issue still.

On X-Men, I would say just read the threads here for good quotables any time an issue is about Xavier, Magneto, or Apocalypse and besides that don't bother.

Definitely read X-Force and Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    They asked for an opinion and we gave it?
    You gave the wrong opinion though, apparently.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-09-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Wow. Crazy. I love the entire shift with mutants and X-Men. Every mutant can be a hero.
    Perhaps with the exception of Sinister.