Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

I feel like if someone jumped ship on this era that early, then it's just not for them. Honestly, if someone wasn't intrigued enough at that point to at least continue to read on a little for themselves, why bother asking a couple of months later "well, is it good now?" It was good then, you just didn't like it. Doesn't seem like that would change.

It's like if someone stopped watching a popular or well-regarded movie ten minutes in and asked a month or two later "Should I go back and keep watching? Does it get any better?"

The answer would be "For you, no."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I feel like if someone jumped ship on this era that early, then it's just not for them. Honestly, if someone wasn't intrigued enough at that point to at least continue to read on a little for themselves, why bother asking a couple of months later "well, is it good now?" It was good then, you just didn't like it. Doesn't seem like that would change.

It's like if someone stopped watching a popular or well-regarded movie ten minutes in and asked a month or two later "Should I go back and keep watching? Does it get any better?"

Well I can't argue with this.

X-men 1 was the weakest of the 4 issues. 3 and 4 are my favs. Love it!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously.
    Hence my initial response. It's the same writer(s) and the same artist(s)...nothing has significantly changed (other than plot progression) since that/those 01 issue/s.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Pretty much. Considering OP was one of the people being absolutely abrasive against Hickman a few months ago, it feels like an odd thread. But I'd say that, indeed, anyone who jumped ship at the setup stage would hardly come to like the consistent development.

I'm loving everything that is coming out of this new push. Sure, I like some books better than others but, in my opinion, this is the best stuff to come out of the X office in years.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Be nice; taste is subjective. If you're enjoying it, good for you, but that won't help convince anyone who feels otherwise.
    What I like or don’t like has nothing to die with the fact that most Dawn of X titles are being received very well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    What I like or don’t like has nothing to die with the fact that most Dawn of X titles are being received very well.
    Yes, and this poster wasn't one of them; so they're asking if anything has happened to change their opinion. Deriding their pre-established tastes helps nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Yes, and this poster wasn't one of them; so they're asking if anything has happened to change their opinion. Deriding their pre-established tastes helps nothing.
    But that isn’t what their post was about, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    This era doesn’t look long for this world. We’ll see if the sales figures hold I guess. So sad after a pretty good start in HOXPOX.
    I responded to this. I corrected what was wrong and informed what they didn’t know.

BANNED

Word. If HoXPoX itself wasn’t enough to convince you, nothing that’s been published since is going to change your mind.

I've been keeping up with all the books apart from Fallen Angels up to now and I'm dropping X-Men and Excalibur as they're both woeful. I'll keep an eye out to see if they improve, especially with X-Men being the flagship and all. X-Force is great, Marauders is hit or miss, enough for me to keep it going at the min and New Mutants is an odd one as the only thing keeping me on that is Rod Reis' art.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

It's clearly Hickman running the X-men so far. What he priorities so does the overall line. So it comes down to what you value. You want worldbuilding and testing out new ideas then it's X-men for you. Every isse so far has been different and that makes it hard to satisfy you every issue. Maybe it's even intended to be chopped up for trades. One issue to go with some other mini or ongoing to complement them.

I dropped Marauders simply becasue the humour wasn't for me enough to warrant the emphasise that was put on it.

Excalibur is built on interesting ideas and executed with poor dialouge. If you can get past the dialouge and use of characters then go for it.

X-force is the best comic so far in that it's consistent and uses the characters well. The one I thought I would skip but it turned out the other way.

Fallen Angels is ending after 6 issues. Better seen as a mini with Kwannon. Avoid it if you have enjoyed Laura in her previous ongoings!

New Mutants. 2 different books. One who is clearly the prioritised story(the space one) with energy, art and love for teh characters. The other is more filler stuff. It suffers because the difference is so marked.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Currently I'm only reading X-men and X-force. But from reading the spoilers/review threads there are some interesting concepts at large throught the line.
    Things aren't super great but definitely better than what was before.

Hickman has done an incredible job with Apocalypse and Moira though, always excited to see were these characters stories go.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    Thanks for the insights. I went ahead and read Xforce 1-5. . It’s ok but not good enough to keep me interested. Nothing remotely feels like Xmen. I feel like the line is a not as good and even more confusing “Seven Soldiers” with people who look like 90s Xmen. I’ll skip the rest. This era doesn’t look long for this world. We’ll see if the sales figures hold I guess. So sad after a pretty good start in HOXPOX.
    Wait, wait, wait.

You telling me you saw the direction the books were heading, didn't like it, and instead of stinking up the boards with the same tired complains every month, you <gasp> dropped the books?

OP, you da real MVP.

The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

BANNED

X-Men is great and keeps getting better with each issue.

X-Force might be even better. I'm really enjoying that book.

Excalibur is a fun little satellite title I like, but it's nothing mandatory.

Not currently reading the rest.