Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youngblood

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Youngblood

Any chance that a Youngblood series is going to happen AGAIN? I have been a big fan forever (god help me) yet I love to see a series longer than fifty issues & some new new characters. Just an idea
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Mighty Member

Sadly they are now owned by terrific productions

Liefeld is apparently working on a replacement team because of it.

Damn. I hadn't heard this.
    And...
    Rip Media, Inc. acquired and owns a 100 percent interest in 514 characters, including Youngblood, as part of an agreement among Rip Media, John Hyde’s company and Rob Liefeld.

As to Terrific Production, of which Andrew Rev is the president, there is a contract in place with Rip Media, Inc. It is Terrific Production’s decision as to what the relationship is with Rob, as long as it’s in compliance with our contractual terms.

In regards to how the company feels about the situation, we really can’t comment on it.
    514 characters - connected to Youngblood - or is this other comics Rip Media may have their hands on?
    First I wasn't aware there was 514 creations connected to Youngblood, in terms of characters.
    But if that's the case, they undoubtedly, probably own Brigade too and the Bloodstrike books.... Ouch.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Astonishing Member

At this point, I don't care who owns what I just want to read new YB material.

If you look at Terrific Production's tweets (https://twitter.com/llcterrific), it appears that new material is being drawn. Whether this actually becomes new issues of Youngblood remains to be seen.

Astonishing Member

with a good artist and good writer I would love for a new Youngblood series to pick up right where volume one left off, lots of stories to be told of the two original teams that never got told. I miss Combat, Diehard, and even Chapel.

I dig the consistency. New owners, new company, still no idea if we’ll ever get a new YB comic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I dig the consistency. New owners, new company, still no idea if we’ll ever get a new YB comic.
    If they bring back Chapel into the fold, I'm in...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’ve got some ideas I’m going to pitch, especially if Rob regains the rights now that Rev has lost the trademark.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    with a good artist and good writer I would love for a new Youngblood series to pick up right where volume one left off, lots of stories to be told of the two original teams that never got told. I miss Combat, Diehard, and even Chapel.
    Agreed. I'm also a fan of both Diehard & Chapel, along with the rest (especially both Shaft & Badrock, LOL!):

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-06-2021 at 01:28 AM.

I wish there was a site with a comprehensive list for the reading order of this title.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’ve got some ideas I’m going to pitch, especially if Rob regains the rights now that Rev has lost the trademark.
    Rev has lost the trademark??!! I hope like hell this is true, guy seems like a legit scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBlazed21 View Post
    Rev has lost the trademark??!! I hope like hell this is true, guy seems like a legit scumbag.
    According to Rob (via his Facebook group), Rev lost the trademark and the rights reverted back to Rosenberg. Hopefully Rob can drum up some capital and get them back.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    According to Rob (via his Facebook group), Rev lost the trademark and the rights reverted back to Rosenberg. Hopefully Rob can drum up some capital and get them back.
    That would awesome if Rob could.