Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Has that been retconned? Because what Apocalypse & Jamie do over in Excalibur really soured me on any character that even remotely tolerates either. This unity at any costs is basically free reign for them. For every Black Tom or Gorgon who seem to be truly believers and grabbing onto this chance at redemption, we have more of the unapologetic monsters not giving a damn.
    I don't think they ever retconned. Yeah, I know what happened on the issue and I'm really dissapointed. When it comes to bite them, I won't be sorry

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    there is jamie too, that is a slave human trader.

that is really dissapointing
    Absolutely Jamie as well , but I tend to pretend he doesn't exist lol I only recognize the Braddock Twins.

Apart of me wants to believe the reason for so many villians being trusted is X and Co expect them to derail and maybe Krakoa will have a villian collection in exile that they just keep on stasis with Sabertooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    Absolutely Jamie as well , but I tend to pretend he doesn't exist lol I only recognize the Braddock Twins.

Apart of me wants to believe the reason for so many villians being trusted is X and Co expect them to derail and maybe Krakoa will have a villian collection in exile that they just keep on stasis with Sabertooth.
    Kind of hard to pretend he doesn't exist now that he's the Krakoan puppet ruler of the Otherworld, thanks to Apocalypse.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post

But isn't this incredibly dangerous? How many human and nonmutant lives will be destroyed or hurt because of this?

Personally, I think Charles and Moira just want more consciousnesses for their ultimate plan while the other X-Men are more worried about numbers while they also want to give people one more chance.

But whatever the reason, allowing the villains free reign and control is dangerous. And I would contend that Apocalypse is actually one of the least dangerous ones because at least you know he's up to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But isn't this incredibly dangerous? How many human and nonmutant lives will be destroyed or hurt because of this?

Personally, I think Charles and Moira just want more consciousnesses for their ultimate plan while the other X-Men are more worried about numbers while they also want to give people one more chance.

But whatever the reason, allowing the villains free reign and control is dangerous. And I would contend that Apocalypse is actually one of the least dangerous ones because at least you know he's up to something.
    It's puzzling why so many mutants are seemingly fine living under the rule of people who would have killed them on sight or conducted horrible experiments on them just a little while ago, or why they'd trust that Charles could keep them under control - or assume he even is the one in control. This is a setting where every other week you have some villains try to take over via secret invasions, mind-control, possessions, duplicates, and whatnot, but when Xavier returns to life and invites everyone to come to his mysterious magical island with his new super-villain friends, no one pauses for a moment to wonder if that isn't just some kind of elaborate honey-trap to lure in mutants to get them all into one place for some nefarious purpose? Sure, the Island literally eats mutant souls, but don't worry, the psychic vampires got it all under control! Now go drink and party around the campfire while Selene fills up her pantry!

So many things in the MU want mutants dead or exploit their abilities, it just feels forced they'd all be so trusting and careless.
    Last edited by Starfish; 01-23-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    It's puzzling why so many mutants are seemingly fine living under the rule of people who would have killed them on sight or conducted horrible experiments on them just a little while ago, or why they'd trust that Charles could keep them under control - or assume he even is the one in control. This is a setting where every other week you have some villains try to take over via secret invasions, mind-control, possessions, duplicates, and whatnot, but when Xavier returns to life and invites everyone to come to his mysterious magical island with his new super-villain friends, no one pauses for a moment to wonder if that isn't just some kind of elaborate honey-trap to lure in mutants to get them all into one place for some nefarious purpose? Sure, the Island literally eats mutant souls, but don't worry, the psychic vampires got it all under control! Now go drink and party around the campfire while Selene fills up her pantry!

So many things in the MU want mutants dead or exploit their abilities, it just feels forced they'd all be so trusting and careless.
    I mean, I guess it's about controlling the bad mutants and stuffing them in cold storage if they misbehave, but still, that just sounds like a horrible idea.

And it makes you wonder, did they essentially use Sabertooth to "test out" the containment strategy since nonone really likes him anyways and o one would miss him? He's also not actually strong enough to get out, while someone like Selene or Apocalypse or Magneto wouldn't be nearly as easy to restrain.

And if Xavier's secret wish is to protect 'humans' to put all dangerous mutants in the island like in a zoo? After all, he has always trusted his X-men to be able to handle any kind of situation and now there is even this resurrection thing as a safety net…

The 'humans' can only accept the mutants if they have nothing to fear from the mutants, it's already a difficult task even if the mutants that are the most trouble-makers aren't running wild…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Hey, since Otherworld has a Krakoan puppet ruler, does this mean that Krakoa (or at least certain factions of it) are imperialist?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Hey, since Otherworld has a Krakoan puppet ruler, does this mean that Krakoa (or at least certain factions of it) are imperialist?
    idk go make a thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    idk go make a thread about it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I'm really not loving them leaving dazzler out to dry with no solo series. The queers are getting annoyed.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That brew is dark, rich and deeply aromatic with notes of citrus and star anise.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    And if Xavier's secret wish is to protect 'humans' to put all dangerous mutants in the island like in a zoo? After all, he has always trusted his X-men to be able to handle any kind of situation and now there is even this resurrection thing as a safety net…

The 'humans' can only accept the mutants if they have nothing to fear from the mutants, it's already a difficult task even if the mutants that are the most trouble-makers aren't running wild…
    So basically, this goes that Moira wants to be god to save reality from her death/robot apocalypce, Magneto really wants a mutant homeland, Apocalypse wants his BFFs back and to do his normal thing, and Xavier has truly given up and just wants everyone in a zoo?

Well, this surely cannot go wrong.

So basically, this goes that Moira wants to be god to save reality from her death/robot apocalypce, Magneto really wants a mutant homeland, Apocalypse wants his BFFs back and to do his normal thing, and Xavier has truly given up and just wants everyone in a zoo?

Well, this surely cannot go wrong.
    In this scenario, Xavier wouldn't give up on his dream, it's just a way to accomplish it: secure all the villains in a place, provide the most insecure and fragile mutants with a safe haven and develop the relations between the mutants and the 'humans'. After all, in the long run, Krakoa is like a prison if the mutants cannot feel safe to travel.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    In this scenario, Xavier wouldn't give up on his dream, it's just a way to accomplish it: secure all the villains in a place, provide the most insecure and fragile mutants with a safe haven and develop the relations between the mutants and the 'humans'. After all, in the long run, Krakoa is like a prison if the mutants cannot feel safe to travel.
    I brought up earlier in this thread or another where I pointed out that it's sort of worrying that Krakoa has no reason for money on the island itself and someone asked why this would be a bad thing. And here's the reason, because now a bunch of mutants can't leave.

Yes, they can find work off the island and travel between countries, but thanks to the heightened strain between mutants and humans, how many people would take that up?

Krakoa is a gilded cage.