Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah I keep seeing this but can't really remember? Granted he does like to troll comic book fans from time to time but as far as "he constantly lies" he's basically been pretty upfront with what he has planned for the X-Men.
    It's not his fault some of us are so easily trolled. It's quite entertaining actually, so thank the Goddess he does.
    That said, Interviews are nice and all but...I'm much more interested in what is delivered on the pages, in full colour.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Nah Hickman is a compulsive liar.

He lies about everything. Is "Jonathan Hickman" even his real name? I'd hate to be his pants.
    he said on a interview after hoxpox that he lied.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah I keep seeing this but can't really remember? Granted he does like to troll comic book fans from time to time but as far as "he constantly lies" he's basically been pretty upfront with what he has planned for the X-Men.
    I'm not talking bout his meme tweets like mutant orgies and stuff. I just mean Hickman in general is pretty not truthful when it comes to his projects.

Got nothing to do with X-men, dude's been like this for as long as I can remember. Since at least Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    he said on a interview after hoxpox that he lied.
    I think I remember Jordan saying at SDCC during the big DOX reveal that they had to lie a lot to keep things underwraps. Not just to fool people but because people asked questions like, "are the mutants going to be immortal now?" and they didn't want to give anything away.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think I remember Jordan saying at SDCC during the big DOX reveal that they had to lie a lot to keep things underwraps. Not just to fool people but because people asked questions like, "are the mutants going to be immortal now?" and they didn't want to give anything away.
    I mean...I thought that was obvious.
    Guess I wasted a thought.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

What I wonder is with all the copies created of dead characters by Krakoa what happens if the original turns up alive? Imagine them showing up on Krakoa calling out the fake as a souless husk. Would it cause a wave of panic over all the resurected because they would have to deal with the fact they are just knock offs and not the real deal? Would it throw some into an exestensial crisis on if they even truly have a soul or not? I mean regardless of your beliefs in real life it has been shown the Marvel U does have an afterlife so really all those dead characters souls are somewhere or did Krakoa pull their souls out of the afterlife when he regrew their bodies.

They aren’t copies, though.

I don't think Zero Hunter read the same books as the rest of us. As Krakoa does not do the resurrections or regrows the bodies.

And there are protocols in place for investigating and verifying a mutant's demise before a decision is made to resurrect that mutant.
    So...there shouldn't be any issues on that front.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-14-2020 at 04:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    What I wonder is with all the copies created of dead characters by Krakoa what happens if the original turns up alive? Imagine them showing up on Krakoa calling out the fake as a souless husk. Would it cause a wave of panic over all the resurected because they would have to deal with the fact they are just knock offs and not the real deal? Would it throw some into an exestensial crisis on if they even truly have a soul or not? I mean regardless of your beliefs in real life it has been shown the Marvel U does have an afterlife so really all those dead characters souls are somewhere or did Krakoa pull their souls out of the afterlife when he regrew their bodies.
    I think that Hickman said that when the mutant is dead the original soul goes back to the body, but if the mutant isnt dead that creates a new being and thats where the thing becomes complicate.

We'll have to wait for a definitive answer in a couple months. I think its X-men 7 or 8, and then the X-factor series.

I don't think souls work that way in the Marvel U. They don't just hop back to the body when you regrow it and plug the memories in. If Cerebro is going that far and catching their souls when they die we need some more confirmation than that one line from Magneto.

BANNED

What’s their healthcare like?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    What’s their healthcare like?
    Stick a tree in it. If it doesn't work, we'll grow you a new everything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Stick a tree in it. If it doesn't work, we'll grow you a new everything.
    *cries in American*

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    I think that Hickman said that when the mutant is dead the original soul goes back to the body, but if the mutant isnt dead that creates a new being and thats where the thing becomes complicate.
    That isn't true. The person get what is on the hard drive. The soul is just gone or they would remember how they died everytime

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    We'll have to wait for a definitive answer in a couple months. I think its X-men 7 or 8, and then the X-factor series.

I don't think souls work that way in the Marvel U. They don't just hop back to the body when you regrow it and plug the memories in. If Cerebro is going that far and catching their souls when they die we need some more confirmation than that one line from Magneto.
    We definitely don’t need confirmation that we’re reading about the same X-Men we’ve always been reading about. X-Men #7 will expand on it, but you can’t really think that much is changing.....right?