Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Coming back about my issue with the status is that everything about it feels like it's triggered to blow at a hairpin's notice. Things could go to hell in no time at all in previous series and eras, but never has it felt more like the entirty of the franchise is a deck of cards perched on a castle made of sand, with tide coming in.

And it's not because of the level of interest or success they're having now, it's just that every single intricacy feels like it's built wit a contingency string to unravel it at any moment.

The only place where that doesn't feel to be the case if New Mutants, and that's entirely due to them just being a gang of friends on silly space adventures completely removed from everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Coming back about my issue with the status is that everything about it feels like it's triggered to blow at a hairpin's notice. Things could go to hell in no time at all in previous series and eras, but never has it felt more like the entirty of the franchise is a deck of cards perched on a castle made of sand, with tide coming in.

And it's not because of the level of interest or success they're having now, it's just that every single intricacy feels like it's built wit a contingency string to unravel it at any moment.
    Seems more like a feature to me.

Would be boring if nothing ever happens.

It can start rolling at any point from now on as far as I am concerned.

The only place where that doesn't feel to be the case if New Mutants, and that's entirely due to them just being a gang of friends on silly space adventures completely removed from everything.
    Hickman himself said don't count on it.

There's always a pitch to destroy the X-Men or whatever they have going on by some hack writers or editors and he explicitly stated that he was avoiding all of it.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I had a big issue with the whole "we're always going to win" as well until I realized that no one in the X-verse (or Marvel/DC in general) stays dead for longer than a couple of years these days. Otherwise people are off panel just doing stuff. So basically we take away the point where a writer has to come up with a clever return story and justify it. So really, we aren't that much different than pre-HOX/POX. The biggest issue then is that all threats are minimized, but as we've seen in the DOX books they still find ways to make these threats seem scary or confounding enough where they cause stress on the heroes. Hell, the New Mutants had to fight... THE LEGAL SYSTEM

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Hickman himself said don't count on it.

There's always a pitch to destroy the X-Men or whatever they have going on by some hack writers or editors and he explicitly stated that he was avoiding all of it.
    I trust hickman as far as I can throw him.

Dude lies.

CONSTANTLY

Dude lies.

CONSTANTLY
    Has he lied so far?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Has he lied so far?
    Yeah I keep seeing this but can't really remember? Granted he does like to troll comic book fans from time to time but as far as "he constantly lies" he's basically been pretty upfront with what he has planned for the X-Men.

I dislike all the muties
    GrindrStone(D)

Dude lies.

CONSTANTLY
    he said that he would focus on past generations of mutants, Robinson just said there is a new class of new x-men kids.

He lies often

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    he said that he would focus on past generations of mutants, Robinson just said there is a new class of new x-men kids.

He lies often
    Ahh come on, we still have no idea what any of that means. To be clear, he said new class, not "new kids".
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ahh come on, we still have no idea what any of that means. To be clear, he said new class, not "new kids".
    It's not a new class if they are the old kids

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's not a new class if they are the old kids
    Back in the prehistoric days, I was in a new class every semester.

I'm still half-convinced Robinson was just trying to get folk riled up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm still half-convinced Robinson was just trying to get folk riled up.
    Yeah that's the feeling I got from it.

Nah Hickman is a compulsive liar.

He lies about everything. Is "Jonathan Hickman" even his real name? I'd hate to be his pants.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!