Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
That whole era was a hot mess!
Bite your tongue! Those teens were the best incarnation of those characters I've ever seen!

Seriously: They really seemed to evolved the characters on an emotional level. Putting them back at "square one" wasn't a regression, not really but a really good chance for them to gain a bit of introspection; they had the unique opportunity to step back and see themselves as others see them. Scott especially seemed to grow in emotional maturity/intelligence; he allowed himself to step out of his boundaries which, for a character like him, is not easy. Trust me, I've a bit of experience on that. And Jean! Ah man, Jean! She grew! Just as a character, seeing her in a leading role? Taking charge, really putting her own intuitive nature to use on a practical level! She questioned, but was never defeated! Ah she was almost up there with Batgirl in my faves before they sent them back.

Now only Hank and Bobby are likeable. Other two walk around like they joined a cult.

So, yeah, as a reader I suppose I appreciate more character driven things, especially on a smaller scale. Those story-lines resonate more with me than bigger, grander one's. Often I find them a bit pretentious actually?