Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default What do you like/dislike about Krakoa? (As a concept)

Ok, so, I feel like we, as users need to try and understand each other a bit better. So, I'm going to post this thread of opposite nature:

Why do you like/hate Krakoa?

This should not be used as an excuse to fight with other users!!!

This is a chance for us, as a community, to see where each other are coming from. This should be a cathartic experience for all of us and, hopefully, generate a bit of empathy around here.

So what's so good/bad about Krakoa? Not necessarily the island, but the concept (but the island too if you want to point that out)

GO:
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 01-09-2020 at 06:45 PM.

BANNED

No smelly humans is good

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    No smelly humans is good
    Ok, please elaborate for other users? Why do you feel this?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Ok, so, I feel like we, as users need to try and understand each other a bit better. So, I'm going to post two threads of opposite nature:

Why do you like Krakoa

and

Why do you hate Krakoa?

This should not be used as an excuse to fight with other users!!!

This is a chance for us, as a community, to see where each other are coming from. This should be a cathartic experience for all of us and, hopefully, generate a bit of empathy around here.

So what's so great about Krakoa? Not necessarily the island, but the concept (but the island too if you want to point that out)

GO:

(Also, ignore the title, obviously it didn't finish backspacing. Can the mods help me fix this??)
    I'm pretty simple. Because i enjoy it. I get a good feeling when reading most of the books and most of all it's about the x-men and mutants and mutant self-love and growth.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Nobody hates Krakoa, people just hate Beast.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I don't hate Krakoa. I hate messiness and ambiguity. I would happily read a monthly series about the Quiet council creating new laws, implementing them, and debating each other. Nation building as a plot is rarely touched upon. I also want to see some lawyers and civil defense implimented, because frankly, the QC has too much power. Krakoa needs to be better than a benevolent ogliarchy.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

I feel that, while the formation of Krakoa as a nation is a good thing in terms of giving a safe haven, I just don't understand what's do great about it. It feels like a fairly limiting concept, actually; yes, mutants have a home, but once it's built, what next? Attitudes aren't being changed out in the human world so, even though they have the option to travel to new places, they can't. Violence will still be perpetuated, even against the mutants born outside its' walls.

And yes, mutants are taking a top-down approach; but it's not going to guarantee changed attitudes. I find it puts them in far too abstract a position to truly accomplish that alone, much like how any politicians are viewed. They're these extremely privileged people who don't truly live amongst those they say they want to help, which is even worse now that no mutant seems to live, at all, amongst humans. Yet, they're buying up their media, saying they want to change attitudes from an institutional level...but why? They don't live there any more, what incentive do they have to care beyond economic gain? Are they still truly so empathetic?

It feels insular, it feels claustrophobic, it feels very anti-co-existence. It feels too much like giving the bigots what they want; the mutant 'problem' is officially solved as far as they're concerned and, yet, they're still dangerous because look at all the money they're making! It hasn't actually solved or helped anything. Mutants are still being viewed negatively.

BANNED

I love beast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Nobody hates Krakoa, people just hate Beast.
    I'd like to kindly remind you that this is a thread where we can really discuss our differences and grievances about Krakoa as a concept or island.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I don't hate Krakoa. I hate messiness and ambiguity. I would happily read a monthly series about the Quiet council creating new laws, implementing them, and debating each other. Nation building as a plot is rarely touched upon. I also want to see some lawyers and civil defense implimented, because frankly, the QC has too much power. Krakoa needs to be better than a benevolent ogliarchy.
    That's an interesting view! Now how would you like to see this implemented and why?

Fantastic Member

I never liked the idea of Krakoa being a sentient island. In fact I felt like HOX/DOX would have been a better premise for Genosha. I always felt that Krakoa would have been better introduced as a burial place of Apocalypse. Maybe having the Xmen called to the island as a means for Apocalypse to reawaken by draining their powers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm pretty simple. Because i enjoy it. I get a good feeling when reading most of the books and most of all it's about the x-men and mutants and mutant self-love and growth.
    Ok, but why do you feel like that? What about Krakoa gives you those good feelings; where and how do you see mutant self love and growth? (For the benefit of those who don't see it your way, I'd like to add)

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Now if we're specifically looking for things about the island itself, I hate all that nasty unsterilized looking plant tech, and all the dumb raves. Stop raving, young people. Do something with your lives!
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    I never liked the idea of Krakoa being a sentient island. In fact I felt like HOX/DOX would have been a better premise for Genosha. I always felt that Krakoa would have been better introduced as a burial place of Apocalypse. Maybe having the Xmen called to the island as a means for Apocalypse to reawaken by draining their powers
    Well that's really intriguing! So, do you feel uncomfortable with the idea of a 'person' basically being a habitat, as it were? Or do you feel that this concept is so similar to the Genoshan one that it might be better served there? If so, how?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Now if we're specifically looking for things about the island itself, I hate all that nasty unsterilized looking plant tech, and all the dumb raves. Stop raving, young people. Do something with your lives!
    Hahah; alright then! What else could they be doing? And, if you want, what makes you dislike the aesthetic so? Does it feel too claustrophobic, are you just not a fan of plants? Does it need a better artist, maybe?