Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 610
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Ok, but why do you feel like that? What about Krakoa gives you those good feelings; where and how do you see mutant self love and growth? (For the benefit of those who don't see it your way, I'd like to add)
    Well it's only been a month for them so they are in the early stages but after years of being killed, after a super human registration act that forced them to hide their powers they are free to congregate and speak with each other and explore their powers and self without abandon. That makes me feel good, in a weird way almost jealous as in the real world my community isn't able to exhibit the same freedom without being judged or put down. It's nice to see them get to be their self without having to see that on a day to day basis their very existence is being turned into some sort of villainy. I like they can be in a place where they aren't judged more harshly than people who commit greater crimes just because they aren't what others consider the norm. I love for however long it lasts, which again it's still very new, they get to not only find pride in themselves but get to unabashedly revel in what sets them apart rather than be judged or persecuted for it by their own countries. It's sweet.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-09-2020 at 05:49 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  2. #17
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,269

    Default

    I was a bit tired of time travel and extinction stories, so this peaceful status feels a bit refreshing and unpredictable.

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    That's an interesting view! Now how would you like to see this implemented and why?
    Well, going back to the Sabertooth thing: Even the humans gave him a lawyer. He didn't even have that at his sentencing on Krakoa. If the council decides your guilty, you're guilty. Because "mutant justice is perfect." But what's just about having no representation? People've died fighting in wars for the right to be heard by Society, but Charles Xavier with his staggering 50 years of living has decided that this isn't necessary. No. Get lawyers. Draft a charter of rights. Let the people be heard.
    The woman in the shadows with the elegant sigh. What could a common man do to catch her eye?
    Her easy manner shames me, oh I hate myself so much! I tremble and I'm breathless and I'm begging for her touch.
    She sees my anguished urges but continues smirking by, If I dare to follow her, it's likely that I'll die.
    But even as she's feeding, as my body's torn apart, Will she think upon me kindly?
    When she slowly eats my heart?

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Well it's only been a month for them so they are in the early stages but after years of being killed, after a super human registration act that forced them to hide their powers they are free to congregate and speak with each other and explore their powers and self without abandon. That makes me feel good, in a weird way almost jealous as in the real world my community isn't able to exhibit the same freedom without being judged or put down. It's nice to see them get to be their self without having to see that on a day to day thing being turned into some art of villainy in of itself. I like they can be in a place where they aren't judged more harshly than people who commit greater crimes just because they aren't what others consider the norm. I love for however long it lasts, which again it's still very new, they get to not only find pride in themselves but get to unabashedly revel in what sets them apart rather than be judged or persecuted for it by their own country. It's sweet.
    So you're the type of reader who projects onto these plots, concepts and characters? (I am too! That's awesome!) And you'd consider it a power-fantasy of sorts? Is that fair to say?

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I was a bit tired of time travel and extinction stories, so this peaceful status feels a bit refreshing and unpredictable.
    That's very fair! So, might I ask, what about this makes you feel peaceful? Or, where do you see it, might be a better way of phrasing that?

  6. #21
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    They're these extremely privileged people who don't truly live amongst those they say they want to help, which is even worse now that no mutant seems to live, at all, amongst humans. Yet, they're buying up their media, saying they want to change attitudes from an institutional level...but why? They don't live there any more, what incentive do they have to care beyond economic gain? Are they still truly so empathetic?

    It feels insular, it feels claustrophobic, it feels very anti-co-existence. It feels too much like giving the bigots what they want; the mutant 'problem' is officially solved as far as they're concerned and, yet, they're still dangerous because look at all the money they're making! It hasn't actually solved or helped anything. Mutants are still being viewed negatively.
    This is very close to what I dislike about krakoa.

    The other things is more Wolverine/Jean/Scott/Emma love shenaningans. It is so tiresome and played out, brings the worst on everybody.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-09-2020 at 06:00 PM.

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    So you're the type of reader who projects onto these plots, concepts and characters? (I am too! That's awesome!) And you'd consider it a power-fantasy of sorts? Is that fair to say?
    Not really, i think about it more abstract in the respect that it would be nice if people could really be in a place where everyone could just see them. But i wouldn't want to have to create a new home or leave my country which i love for it happen. I like that it can exist, even if it really doesn't. if that makes sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Well, going back to the Sabertooth thing: Even the humans gave him a lawyer. He didn't even have that at his sentencing on Krakoa. If the council decides your guilty, you're guilty. Because "mutant justice is perfect." But what's just about having no representation? People've died fighting in wars for the right to be heard by Society, but Charles Xavier with his staggering 50 years of living has decided that this isn't necessary. No. Get lawyers. Draft a charter of rights. Let the people be heard.
    So you're frustrated that it feels a bit hypocritical, is probably fair to say? Do you think Charles should have been a bit more mindful of that, considering, as you've pointed out, what he's lived through?

  9. #24
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Power fantasty isn't real.

  10. #25
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    158

    Default

    I like the concept of Krakoa because of what it represents being a mutant homeland and all. I also like the Krakoan gates and the idea export and transport around the world. The implied idea that Krakoa is preventing something else from arising is big too. The deep dive ibto mutant lore and the idea of an alien type world really scratches the heavy scifi itch

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This is very close to what I dislike about krakoa.
    The other things is more Wolverine/Jean/Scott/Emma love shenaningans. It is so tiresome and playet out, brings the worst on everybody.
    (Oh I'm totally with ya on the whole shipping thing. Let the romance die for a bit!!)

    If you don't mind me asking (for the benefit of conversation and to help others see your point of view) what about these things in my quote frustrates you so? Or is it pretty much that?

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    I like the concept of Krakoa because of what it represents being a mutant homeland and all. I also like the Krakoan gates and the idea export and transport around the world. The implied idea that Krakoa is preventing something else from arising is big too. The deep dive ibto mutant lore and the idea of an alien type world really scratches the heavy scifi itch
    That's interesting: may I ask for you to elaborate a bit on that? I'm rather intrigued! Why do you feel it's important for mutants to have a homeland?

  13. #28
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    I like the concept of Krakoa because of what it represents being a mutant homeland and all. I also like the Krakoan gates and the idea export and transport around the world. The implied idea that Krakoa is preventing something else from arising is big too. The deep dive ibto mutant lore and the idea of an alien type world really scratches the heavy scifi itch
    All this as well. I love the idea of what a group can become when they are allowed to be themselves and what they can contribute to each other and others without the weight of the hate and fear of others always looming around the corner. I like the idea they don't have to feel like victims of others prejudices when they just want to be strong.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This is very close to what I dislike about krakoa.
    The other things is more Wolverine/Jean/Scott/Emma love shenaningans. It is so tiresome and playet out, brings the worst on everybody.
    Too much inneuendo and fan baiting. Just come out and say it if monogamy is out the window, there's no comics code to rap us on the knuckles. I HATE ambiguity. It always comes across as a writer being too precious.
    The woman in the shadows with the elegant sigh. What could a common man do to catch her eye?
    Her easy manner shames me, oh I hate myself so much! I tremble and I'm breathless and I'm begging for her touch.
    She sees my anguished urges but continues smirking by, If I dare to follow her, it's likely that I'll die.
    But even as she's feeding, as my body's torn apart, Will she think upon me kindly?
    When she slowly eats my heart?

  15. #30
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    That's very fair! So, might I ask, what about this makes you feel peaceful? Or, where do you see it, might be a better way of phrasing that?
    Well, we don't hear how mutants are going to extinguish all the time (they will in the future) but for the moment the characters seem to enjoy some tranquility on their lifes, they have a pretty place to live and are a global superpower, they don't even fear death anymore. That would be boring but is the contrast after so many years of extinctions what makes it feel fresh

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •