Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Chaos, #1

MATURE READERS
    Celebrate Chaos! 20th anniversary and Dynamite Entertainment's 10th anniversary in 2014! The horror-heroes of the Chaos! Universe return in an epic event! A shared vision of the Apocalypse sets the blood goddess Purgatori, the supernatural serial killer Evil Ernie, the vampire assassin Chastity and the outcast teen heroes of the team known as The Chosen on a collision path with each other! As claws, blood and blades fly, only one outcome is assured: Total CHAOS!

Full article here.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

So is this a reboot of the Chaos world? Does anyone know? I am thinking about picking this and Chastity up, but I have never read them before lol.

Its a bit oversexual for my normal taste, but I like the idea. So I thought I would give it a chance.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Its a reboot, yes.
    There was an Evil Ernie mini prior to this. Im assuming thats part of the continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Its a reboot, yes.
    There was an Evil Ernie mini prior to this. Im assuming thats part of the continuity.
    Alright thanks! What was the mini called?
    Pulls:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Alright thanks! What was the mini called?
    Evil Ernie: Origin of Evil. I recently downloaded and read it from last weeks Comixology sale. It was better than I expected.

Amazing Member

jesus, that is some of the lamest, most cliched dialogue i've ever read for Purgatori. "the blood. the blood. the blood!" - really?
    and of course, let's yet again portray one of the most powerful Chaos characters as incompetent and useless ~ managing to get locked up, same way when she was in a xover with vampirella she had been killed off etc.

lame. no sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Evil Ernie: Origin of Evil. I recently downloaded and read it from last weeks Comixology sale. It was better than I expected.
    Thanks, I will check it out. Always looking for new things to read.
    Pulls:

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

I can't wait to get this. I've been a fan of these characters since high-school(God I feel old) but they need a better inker and Reboot Purgatory(in the future) that's not a vampire that rants like a pro-wrestler. it looks like they change Carcass from Giant Zombie African American powerhouse to short white zombie guy and Oblivia is super busty not that is a bad thing.

Spectacular Member

I am very excited to see CHAOS characters back. It was a good opening story. I do have to say, Mirak Andolfo does not do the characters justice imo. Would be great if they could find some of the old artists like Al Rio.

Can Dynamite reprint CHAOS! old comics? Would be nice to get them.

Anyway, I wanted more Purgatori and it's nice that she is back, in all her savage, overly lesbian ways.

Man, it would be really cool if Boundless and Dynamite joined to finish the cliffhanger that was Lady Death Dark Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by AriesWarlock View Post
    Would be great if they could find some of the old artists like Al Rio
    Ummm...kind of an awkward moment. Sadly Al Rio took his own life a couple of years ago.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Ummm...kind of an awkward moment. Sadly Al Rio took his own life a couple of years ago.
    OMG I can't believe it! I googled it, and it's true! It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I saw his work on Purgatori

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

A great start. I'm sure hope they kept the whole Morgan Gallow & Rosa (Oblivia) are Father and Daughter. Vex gets re-introduce and the should use a translation box when someone speaks a different language(lucky me I speak Spanish) cause that might irk some readers. Can't wait for Purgatori vs Chastity.

Amazing Member

flicked through this in the shop. some sorry sht.
    and this is from a guy who supposedly loved Chaos and the characters? fk me.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I really liked it, and am looking forward to more. I never read any of the older Chaos books, so I had a little trouble keeping track of who's who, but I think I got the hang of it the second time through.

I know they are spinning off Chastity into her own book. Hopefully the number of books remains somewhat small. I think I would prefer that Chaos becomes a single ongoing with a rotating cast rather than trying to spin off everyone into their own ongoings and mini-series. Wasn't that one of the problems many people had with the older books?