Default What if Mysterio tricked Wolverine to kill the X-Men in the main MU?

Wasn't sure to ask this here or the X-Men board, but since this pertains more to the universe as a whole, I thought here would be better.

The timeline of Old Man Logan happened when Spider-Man rogue Mysterio used his illusions to trick Wolverine into thinking that supervillains were attacking the X-Mansion, and he killed all of them to prevent them from harming his teammates and the mutant children. Except, Wolverine actually killed all the X-Men, and Mysterio fooled him into doing it with an enhanced gas. It was on the behalf of his supervillain alliance, kickstarting the plot of that universe.

Despite normally being presented as a joke at worst and a minor villain at best, this was his most infamous feat in the comics entirety and something Mysterio fans can write home about in regards to his danger and evil potential. In fact, this act of pure evil might've been an inspiration for how FFH's scumbag characterization of Mysterio was based on.

However, it should be noted that OML is an out of continuity story. Say that Mysterio pulls this off in the main universe, under similar circumstances in an alliance with other villains. Thus, main status quo, and the Avengers, Fantastic Four and the other superhero community, the rest of the mutant community, as well as the world at large, reacts to it. How do you think it all goes down?

Thought it would be interesting.

Astonishing Member

“Thank God for Life 11”

BANNED

please no

i can't take this shock **** much more
    this is just injustice super man stuff

Extraordinary Member

I don't think it works at all since any one of the surplus of telepaths can just find Mysterio and shut him down while the other X-men keep Wolverine down (the notion that they wouldn't be able to stop Wolverine has always seemed really stupid to me). Iceman can freeze him solid, one of the telekinetics can hold him in place, Cyclops can keep blasting him across the yard and any other number of ways to keep Wolverine from killing them all.

The only difference if this was in the main MU is that the characters he'd kill would be back in 6 months to a year instead of staying dead like the Old Man Logan timeline.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans