Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Unfortunately a lot of the before trilogy Finn stories pretty much deal with him doing the janitor stuff, as I think was a topic on these boards a while back. Most of the post-TLJ stuff pretty much teams him with Poe.
    Well, it being a point that TFA was his first official mission and that he hadn't gotten into any real trouble before that movie does limit the story opportunities in the pre-TFA era. Probably doesn't help that the different sources can't agree if he was a completely unremarkable, run of the mill trooper or the top of his class prior to his defection (the latter is more commonly acknowledged, but the former tends to fit the characterization more commonly used).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, it being a point that TFA was his first official mission and that he hadn't gotten into any real trouble before that movie does limit the story opportunities in the pre-TFA era. Probably doesn't help that the different sources can't agree if he was a completely unremarkable, run of the mill trooper or the top of his class prior to his defection (the latter is more commonly acknowledged, but the former tends to fit the characterization more commonly used).
    I would think that he was top of his class. He has proven to be an great shot and, that he has had no disciplinary action against him would mean that he was most likely a model soldier. It would also fit with his force sensitivity that he had some what a heightened ability over some of the other troopers.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    I would think that he was top of his class. He has proven to be an great shot and, that he has had no disciplinary action against him would mean that he was most likely a model soldier. It would also fit with his force sensitivity that he had some what a heightened ability over some of the other troopers.
    Agreed, and with being said he still has enough of a blank slate that can be filled with so many elements that can be crafted for him.

I'd kind of be interesting in some stuff with Jannah actually; how her group defected, their possible force sensitivity too etc. and maybe clearing up the possible Lando connection.

I mean Marvel/Disney gave DJ of all characters a one-shot, so some more stuff with Jannah either before or after TROS would be pretty cool.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Like I said, that seems to be the most consistent backstory, but it does kinda depend on the writer.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)