Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female warriors

Default Female warriors

Have you seen those superheroines that are as sweet and feminine as the ideal girl next door? Well, forget them. I'm writing a fanfic and I need to organize a team of strong, tough and "tomboyish" super women, who would be rather kickin' asses than having a tea. Like Thundra or Aaron's She-Hulk. Ideas?

Sleepovers. Pillow fights. Truth Or Dare, minus Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Have you seen those superheroines that are as sweet and feminine as the ideal girl next door? Well, forget them. I'm writing a fanfic and I need to organize a team of strong, tough and "tomboyish" super women, who would be rather kickin' asses than having a tea. Like Thundra or Aaron's She-Hulk. Ideas?
    you're looking for Zarda (last surviving member of the original Squadron Supreme). she's pretty much stranded in the 616 now. but she's tomboyish and effective as heck.

Ultimate Member

Frenzy (Joanna Cargill) is pretty fierce.

Valkyrie (the original one, not the Jane Foster version) was also a takes-no-prisoner's / butt-kicker sort, particularly in her more recent appearances in Fearless Defenders.

Hildegard, from Aaron's run on Thor, a plus-size norse warrior-goddess who looks somewhat like the classical big opera singer from Ring of the Nibelung. (I assume, having only ever seen the Bugs Bunny take on that story...)

More on the villainous side (even more so than Frenzy, who has reformed, of late), there's Man-Killer / Amazon, or Titania, who can be pretty butch.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Andromeda. The daughter of Attuma and one of the top warriors in all of Atlantis.

Vilains...

adam hughes.jpg
    Warrior Woman.

man killer.jpg
    The Man Killer.
    Last edited by Winterboy; 01-10-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Fantastic Member

Hippolyta daughter of Ares

There are the old Grapplers, who were tough, strong, tomboyish villains. I think they included: Letha, Screaming Mimi, Titania and Poundcakes.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    There are the old Grapplers, who were tough, strong, tomboyish villains. I think they included: Letha, Screaming Mimi, Titania and Poundcakes.
    Mimi is the heroic Songbird now, and she definitely should remain so. She had great character development, and it has stuck for quite some time. Personally, I want her on an Avengers team.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Mimi is the heroic Songbird now, and she definitely should remain so. She had great character development, and it has stuck for quite some time. Personally, I want her on an Avengers team.
    They just unlocked T3 for Songbird on Marvel Future Fight, working on levelling her up now!! I hope she gets on a book again soon, I miss her!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Might from the Freelancers, a team antagonistic to the Champions.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Might_(Earth-616)
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

My recommendation would be Stellaris (and trust me, there is a female warrior under all that armor):

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-11-2020 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Added clarification.

How about Goleta the Wizardslayer from Weirdworld?

-Pav, who really misses her...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Warrior Woman from Fearless Defenders! I've really been wanting to see more of her in recent stories.

There's also Tarantula from the old Heroes for Hire series. Not sure she fits the tomboyish requirement though.

Abigail Brand, Daisy Johnson and Quake come to mind as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Agree with everything you've said, especially about Mel being on the Avengers. Avengers Forever will always be a highlight for me.