Default Obi-Wan Kenobi (Phantom Menace) vs. Geralt of Rivia (Witcher- Netflix)

Live action Geralt vs. Young Obi-Wan.

Arena.

For the purposes of this fight, Geralt's swords can clash with lightsabers without getting damaged. He starts with one potion in hand, sword drawn.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Geralt is stronger by feats, Obi Wan has bigger hops and might be a shade faster given his blaster blocking stuff but it's close enough that it's not a deciding factor.

The series was a somewhat unclear as to how much Geralt's potions actually amp him but I'd imagine it would only make the strength disparity worse.

Does Geralt's generalised resistance to magic extend to the force in this scenario?

Geralt seemed to be more skilled, given how he styled on other swordsmen fairly consistently in his show. Obi Wan only really has one major combat skill feat in Phantom Menace against Maul he doesn't have quite the level of winning as Gerry of the River.

So... maybe Geralt? Their magic/force abilities are pretty even.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I'd second this: I think Geralt has better skill showings, and probably somewhat better power output and speed for "slam bitches against walls and kill."

Close match, but favors Geralt for me.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

What is Geralt's defence against the light saber, which is hilariously good at curling through shit?

Like, can he actually block it without loosing whatever he's blocking it with?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just noticed the usual nerfing of the light saber. Why do we always nerf it?
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 01-10-2020 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    What is Geralt's defence against the light saber, which is hilariously good at curling through shit?

Like, can he actually block it without loosing whatever he's blocking it with?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just noticed the usual nerfing of the light saber. Why do we always nerf it?
    I cant recall any other threads nefing the saber tbh. I just thought this would be a cool fight under these circumstances.

Sabers are generally overrated imo, but clearly would cut right through his swords under normal fight conditions.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I cant recall any other threads nefing the saber tbh. I just thought this would be a cool fight under these circumstances.

Sabers are generally overrated imo, but clearly would cut right through his swords under normal fight conditions.
    Don't mind me, just an overly aggressive query before sleep time.

It's not a recent thing, but whenever another sword weilding is put against a jedi there's almost always a "light saber can't cut the opponet's sword". And I get the point of evening the field like that. But I've seen it so often over the years that I've gotten a little tired of it.

Anyway, nevermind this cantankerous and sleep swede.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Don't mind me, just an overly aggressive query before sleep time.

It's not a recent thing, but whenever another sword weilding is put against a jedi there's almost always a "light saber can't cut the opponet's sword". And I get the point of evening the field like that. But I've seen it so often over the years that I've gotten a little tired of it.

Anyway, nevermind this cantankerous and sleep swede.
    Ah, no your all good! I dont think you were aggressively cantankerous lol.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Ah, no your all good! I dont think you were aggressively cantankerous lol.
    But I do like sleep swede.