Default Netflix's Ragnarok

No one has taken up the fight against the Giants since Ragnarok - until now. A hero will rise, January 31.
    In a Norwegian town poisoned by pollution and rattled by melting glaciers, the End Times feel all too real. It’ll take a legend to battle an old evil.

BANNED

Aesir in Euro-High School is a new one.

Look just do a straight no-frills adaptation of the Poetic Edda, I am talking Voluspa to Lokasenna and everything in-between. Get Gaiman to do it.

I wonder how many people are going to accident watch this thinking it is Marvel movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Aesir in Euro-High School is a new one.

Look just do a straight no-frills adaptation of the Poetic Edda, I am talking Voluspa to Lokasenna and everything in-between. Get Gaiman to do it.
    Meh, I'm a bit tired of Gaiman, get someone with a new voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I wonder how many people are going to accident watch this thinking it is Marvel movie.
    Not many people. Ragnarok is a mythology in Norse that many people already knew about.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It reminds me of the first Percy Jackson movie. Norse and Greek mythology stories have always struggled to be told in a modern day setting, I will have to see the actual episode to make a decision, but so far, it is getting the tone right of Ragnarök.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-11-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Not many people. Ragnarok is a mythology in Norse that many people already knew about.
    Apparently the humor is lost on you Thor Ragnarok is off Netflix and this is going to be there instead on Netflix. Apparently I have to explain that Asylum films made a living on naming stuff close to popular movies Transmorphers, Atlantic Rim, 2012 Ice age,Alien origin,Avengers Grimm,etc. So yeah the same exact thing is going to happen with some people on Netflix.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-11-2020 at 09:14 AM.

Apparently the humor is lost on you Thor Ragnarok is off Netflix and this is going to be there instead on Netflix. Apparently I have to explain that Asylum films made a living on naming stuff close to popular movies Transmorphers, Atlantic Rim, 2012 Ice age,Alien origin,Avengers Grimm,etc. So yeah the same exact thing is going to happen with some people on Netflix.
    Anyway as far as the show. Soemthing has to be spectacular with tons of acclaim to get me to watch a foreign movie other then Kung Fu flicks. This looks like Twilight except a smaller budget and the Aesir instead of Vampires. And ill have to read subtitles the entire thing. Probaly gonna skip this unless i start hearing people rave about it. Which looking at the trailer I doubt it but who knows.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-11-2020 at 09:12 AM.

Fantastic Member

So you don't think that within the first 30 seconds they're going to realize they are not watching a Marvel movie? No Marvel logo, etc. and everyone's speaking Norwegian and it has subtitles....I can't imagine that anyone will be 'fooled' for long.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-11-2020 at 09:12 AM.

It looked decent but I'm not really interested in YA stuff anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It looked decent but I'm not really interested in YA stuff anymore.
    Glad you got the YA Percy Jackson vibe. I see were you are coming from, the YA stuff was a thing 10 years ago. the show is going to have a strong adult audience to last more than one season.