Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, Vance is apparently meant to have a big role in Outlawed, so you might get lucky - he may end up appearing in Champions as well, though not as a team member.
    I got the implication though that Vance will be acting as an enforce of Civil War 3, though

This isn't Civil War 3. It's the public vs teen heroes, not heroes vs each other.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Who are all the new characters and what was involved with their designs and costumes

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    According to Chris Yost, the creator of Water Snake in that last volume of New Warriors, she was supposed to be a clone of Namorita who would've been used by the Atlanteans as a kind of vessel for Namorita's resurrection. I could have seen a lot of interesting conflict and tension amongst that set of New Warriors from that plot, given that the ones from the original team who knew and loved Namorita would definitely want her back, but not at the expense of someone else's life. Kaine/Scarlet Spider, who was a member of that version of the New Warriors, would've likely been firmly against it from jump, given his own experience as a clone with a creator that saw and treated him only as a tool or weapon for his misaimed revenge. Could've been great to see if that title lasted longer than a year, and it's a shame that this one is only apparently going to be a five-issue miniseries . . . though hopefully it'll be extended if it does well enough and the fans are willing to support it, like The Amazing Mary Jane and MC2 Spider-Girl were.

https://www.cbr.com/namorita-new-war...n-water-snake/

Too be honest i was more surprised when it first appeared that this was to be an ongoing as Cebulski seems to for the most part favor the mini series format for the b-z listers thus far into his tenure as EIC which is fine by me as i felt they made the mistake of catering to fans too much during the all new all different era by handing out ongoings like candy on Halloween.
    Last edited by classicgmer; 01-11-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Too be honest i was more surprised when it first appeared that this was to be an ongoing as Cebulski seems to for the most part favor the mini series format for the b-z listers thus far into his tenure as EIC which is fine by me as i felt they made the mistake of catering to fans too much during the all new all different era by handing out ongoings like candy on Halloween.
    Hmm, that's an interesting point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Books can always be extended. Amazing Mary Jane was a five issue mini that's now been extended to ten issues, and Agents of Atlas has had three consecutive minis.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

How old was Vance when he killed his father? He was tried and imprisoned as an adult, but I don’t think he was 21. Maybe he’ll be a poster boy for the program hence not on the team. I’d love to see him and Firestar back together, though... it’s been way too long.

Also I wish Firestar would ditch that old costume... Either get a new one or go back to the jacket or (my personal favorite) the Perez one.

1654FB64-5438-49C6-B2E8-6A63B335A41C.jpg

This is still to this day my favorite Avengers roster. Only way to make it better would have been to include Beast.

Probably because Champions is relaunching at the same time, and they didn't want to restrict Eve Ewing's choice of characters for it (as it turns out, she seems to keeping Zub's entire roster and adding new members on top - one of the covers has Squirrel Girl and Energiser on it). Champions takes priority as it's an ongoing.
    Eh; i’m not a Champions fan, as I have my own thoughts on how the name should have been brought back, so, kinda bummed they take precedence over the Warriors.
    Thanks for the info though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    When The next big crossover rolls around they will have plenty of fodder.
    Nah, that's what DC does with the spare Titans with Marvel they'll just never be used or referenced again unless you're Starbrand in which case you'll get killed because of Jason Aaron.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I assume this will feature in Outlawed? Kibblesmith is a surprisingly good writer so this will be fun at least.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I hope that every issue isn’t devoted to one of the new characters. I shouldn’t be so negative. I’m happy that Dwayne is back. I want the new characters to be interesting long term heroes. I just only have their appearance to go by. And they are slightly derivative of designs I would expect from DC.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-12-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The New Warriors have always been pretty damn diverse, I don't know how anyone can be a fan of the original run and still complain about the new characters being too representative of "current year" or whatever
    Diverse in that they were forced together by a black guy. It was still a collection of white kids. And, as others have regularly informed me, they weren’t close to Dwayne. When the team fractured, Rage went with Thrash.

That's not the writer's fault. The only characters they created for the book at launch, were the black ones - Night Thrasher and Silhouette. Everyone else came from other books. They did later add Turbo, who's Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I hope that every issue isn’t devoted to one of the new characters. I shouldn’t be so negative. I’m happy that Dwayne is back. I want the new characters to be interesting long term heroes. I just only have their appearance to go by. And they are slightly derivative of designs I would expect from DC.
    Roundhouse would fit right into that group, based on costume design.

That's not the writer's fault. The only characters they created for the book at launch, were the black ones - Night Thrasher and Silhouette. Everyone else came from other books. They did later add Turbo, who's Asian.
    That just makes it worse. They didn’t think the black characters would be accepted. So they slipped them in with established characters.