Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    BANNED

I'm really excited to get the OG New Warriors back in action, especially Night Thrasher. I wonder if Kibblesmith will touch on Krakoa at all with Firestar, Justice & Silhouette.

What I am disappointed at is the debut of five new characters. The mentor dynamic could easily have been kept just using any combination of existing teen heroes rather than using OC's.

Firestar is the only one of those three that was under the control of the X office, so if HOXPOX is addressed, it'll be through her. Silhouette was most recently in Wakanda, not Krakoa (in Ironheart) and she and Justice have never been associated with the X-Men.

I agree about the newbies - since this is just a mini, we're not really going to get to know them. They should've made this a 12 issue maxi at least.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'm really excited to get the OG New Warriors back in action, especially Night Thrasher. I wonder if Kibblesmith will touch on Krakoa at all with Firestar, Justice & Silhouette.

What I am disappointed at is the debut of five new characters. The mentor dynamic could easily have been kept just using any combination of existing teen heroes rather than using OC's.
    Is Sil a mutant? I know where the rights were in dispute there was some haggling on where she and the rest of the Folding Circle fell on the spectrum.

Definitely. It was mentioned in issue 7 of the most recent series.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That could always be retconned away. They introduced the Ten Rings stuff very recently. I always thought that her powers were mystical in nature. That was the point of Tai's people sleeping with those soldiers. They never did reveal why Dwayne was resistant to the White Queen's telepathy or why Genocide was impressed by his genes. His brother ended up expressing the x-gene.

Though that wasn't ever mentioned in a story... Captain America may have made an incorrect assumption in Heroic Age: Heroes.

I trust Cap. Donyell probably did lose his powers during M-Day.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    That could always be retconned away. They introduced the Ten Rings stuff very recently. I always thought that her powers were mystical in nature. That was the point of Tai's people sleeping with those soldiers. They never did reveal why Dwayne was resistant to the White Queen's telepathy or why Genocide was impressed by his genes. His brother ended up expressing the x-gene.
    Eh, could be both. The Wellspring powers all superhuman stuff in the MU, and long term exposure allows those exposed to give birth to mutants.

Bloodstrike was the only one to display anything resembling magic powers

anyways, my hope is that the new recruits are somehow tied to (either) the Wellspring of Power and/or the most recent version of the Ten Rings. if they are just rand-Os, i'm going to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a good point, actually. Funny enough, the X-Men and their offshoots were bringing in nonwhite heroes and heroines as important and relevant characters en masse before the rest of the Marvel Universe started catching up to (and in some cases, surpassing) them.
    I mean too bad cant be the same in their movies......
    lol
    I'm not that familar with the OG New Warriors, Rage and Silhouette are the 2 I remember liking the most. but these new kids have piqued my interest . They've edged out the COTA kids on looking cool.
    I already like the big girl.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Is Sil a mutant? I know where the rights were in dispute there was some haggling on where she and the rest of the Folding Circle fell on the spectrum.
    And night Thrasher had "untapped" mental powers if IRC.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Nope, no actual mental powers, just resistance to telepathy. Like how some people are resistant to poison ivy :P

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    i did an issue dive over the weekend. his psi resistance was attributed to Tai's magic. but Genecide described him as having advanced dna. and she would know since she was some kind of gene-obsessed wingnut.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i did an issue dive over the weekend. his psi resistance was attributed to Tai's magic. but Genecide described him as having advanced dna. and she would know since she was some kind of gene-obsessed wingnut.
    Well with a name like Genecide...what else was she gonna be? A schoolteacher?
    GrindrStone(D)

Wait. This is only a mini-series???? Ugh. For crying out loud.